• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Could RMX ever import Acid files?

Share/Bookmark

Could RMX ever import Acid files?

And of course, Apple Loops too!

That would be really handy....it should be perfectly possible, I would think. I used to use Phatmatik pro, which did nothing other than slice an audio file and assign the slices to MIDI notes.

Since I started using RMX, I hardly ever use the Loop Browser in Logic - the Acid import does work, but it seems so cumbersome and highly impractical for anything using sub-folders- you have to dump everything into one folder for indexing, and then you lose all the conceptual organisistaion of whatever sample collection you want to check out.

Nigel

Re: Could RMX ever import Acid files?

That sure would be nice. It takes quite a while, and tedious level of detail to Rex up a set of ACID waves; and the by far, the greatest set of great loops are ACID based.

Add:

Hey Erik, I'd even pay for that!

I'll third that. It would be the greatest thing. Throw in impakt while you're at it. Much prefer working in RMX than anything else.
    Thanks!

Impakt would be nice, but I doubt that this will happen. I was under the impression that these NI formats are not open for any third party programs. (?)

Most of the available ACID loops do not contain any slice information so this wouldn't do anyone any good anyway. I've heard that ACID supports slices, but to be honest I've either never seen an ACID loop with slices or I've just never viewed one in a host that could parse the slice information.

Quote Originally Posted by ed_mcg
    That sure would be nice. It takes quite a while, and tedious level of detail to Rex up a set of ACID waves; and the by far, the greatest set of great loops are ACID based.

Add:

Hey Erik, I'd even pay for that!
    I think Eric's answer here would be that it takes a great attention to detail to create the SAGE loops as well. Your potential investment would be well-placed in buying Recycle and converting whichever ACID or other format loops that you see fit to use. Forgive me if I'm wrong.

buying Recycle and converting whichever ACID or other format loops that you see fit to use
    Jay, I'm doing this now, and, let me tell you, it's quite tedious. ACID does support slices and I have some nice ACID libraries that adjust to temp changes, so, I'm assuming they are sliced properly; Although, I would be surprised if some "ACID" loops where not sliced finely/well enough.

It's possible for ACID loops to adjust to tempo without any slicing whatsoever. I believe most ACID loops are not sliced - perhaps none of them are - I haven't been witness to any as described earlier.

It's also quite possible that adding the ability to slice loops in RMX would be just as tedious as doing it in Recycle.

Quote Originally Posted by ed_mcg
    ACID does support slices and I have some nice ACID libraries that adjust to temp changes, so, I'm assuming they are sliced properly;
    No. Acid/Apple Loops-style slicing is much more coarse than what is needed for RMX/SAGE.

Different deal altogether.

Take a look at this?

Eric, would you please take a look at this?

http://northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43506

Go Back to forum