• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Wait, wait... hold on a minute...

Share/Bookmark

Wait, wait... hold on a minute...

You mean to tell me Giga's JUST NOW getting VST compatibility? Am I reading that right?

I only picked up K2 because I kept on hearing that Giga required a Kennedy Space Center's worth of PC's to run correctly, which scared me the hell away. But have you people been working Giga into your hosts via Rewire, with all your computers connected via Midi over Lan or whatever, all this time...?

That seems amazing to me... Rewire sometimes doesn't work very well for me, so I just never use it and just stick with good ol' VST whenever humanly possible.

But there IS this new VST Giga thing coming out, yes? GVI or some such?

I see there are some bits to the full-fledged GS that aren't going to be included in the VST version, but... I should be able to finally get all those wonderful Giga libraries, and be able to use them to their fullest, via VST... right?!

'Cause I want SI's orch lib. At some point. When I have more dough.

For the longest time, I just assumed GS had VST implementation... now it's all starting to make sense...

-Tom

Re: Wait, wait... hold on a minute...

You got it. It didn't, and it did (in disguise as Rewire, limitations in tow), and now it is about to have real VST support. GVI is a
    new development, and I don't think it's shipping yet.

Belbin

Quote Originally Posted by belbin
    and now it is about to have real VST support.
    Any idea whether there will be some kind of upgrade path for current GS3 victims... er... users?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomdini
    That seems amazing to me... Rewire sometimes doesn't work very well for me, so I just never use it and just stick with good ol' VST whenever humanly possible.
    -Tom
    It may be a bit late now, but have you considered Giga VST Adapter from www.fx-max.com ?

D

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    It may be a bit late now, but have you considered Giga VST Adapter from www.fx-max.com ?

D
    How well does it actually work, Daryl?
    regards,

Alex.

I've been using it for about a year now and I have no complaints. I am using it via a network (FX-Teleport) so that makes it even more complicated (and I can't use Gigapulse), but the actual GVA is fine.

Why don't you download a demo and check it out?

D

Oh, you can't, you use a Mac don't you?

D

Oh, you can't, you use a Mac don't you?

D
    At the moment yes, so the demos are out. But i'm not brand tied, and if, after the Macintel/Vista/Optheron/klingon stuff settles down, it turns out vista is more reliable, easier to use, etc. then i'll go that way, and get cubase out of mothballs.

Thanks,

Alex.

When Vista settles down there will be a mad rush; imagine using all that processing power with multiple processors and up to 128GB of samples loaded............................!

D

When Vista settles down there will be a mad rush; imagine using all that processing power with multiple processors and up to 128GB of samples loaded............................!

D
    Sounds good, but will the audio/DAW/etc. software be able to take advantage of it?

Alex.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast