• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Dubai Ports deal killed

Share/Bookmark

Dubai Ports deal killed

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Finally the Republicans are doing the right thing and listening to the people instead of just following lock step with the administration. I guess Bush enters his Lame duck status in earnest now.

I wonder how much money the Bush family was going to make off this? Now Daddy Bush can't hang the taxpayers out to dry to line his pockets anymore.

Re: Dubai Ports deal killed

I think it's just a ploy to keep the "tough on security" mantle securely attached to the Repubs that ARE up for re-election.

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Yeah I'm sure the elections were part of it but it seems like Repulicans genuinely cared about this issue and what the public thought. It's like they were all under the Bush trance for the last 5 years and some of them finally found their balls.

How ironic that hype and hoopla and paranoya and misinformation is now biting George W in the butt.

Just thought I had to contribute something to this thread.....having been an American living in Dubai for the last 13 years and all

I think the whole stupid thing is a big distraction.

Well that's true too. Did you see how they sneaked in renewing the Patriot Act and no one noticed.

I certainly did.

goodbye dubai!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    I certainly did.
    Yeah...that whole deal pissed me off. A month ago everyone was up in arms both "for and against" the extension of time for voting on it...then when it actually came down to the real deal the silence was deafening and only a few people voted against it. What gives?

Where were all these courageous folks who were protecting civil liberties last month?

...I get more cynical everyday!

;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    I think the whole stupid thing is a big distraction.
    "Look! A distraction!" -The Goons

Rob

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast