• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Solo Cello, Anyone?

Share/Bookmark

Question Solo Cello, Anyone?

Wanted: Solo Cello VST/sample. Must be articulate, expressive, work well in a group, chamber or ensemble; must do legato, marcato, martele, stacatto, etc. - windows optional (but always a plus!). Willing to work all hours of the day, and night. Pay commensurate will playability.

Thanks, in advance, for the recommendations,

harleg

Currently using GPO, Miroslav Philharmonik, EWQL Gold, EWQL Choir, etc.

Re: Solo Cello, Anyone?

Vienna VI...........

D

Go listen to the VSL solo violin or the Vienna VI and listen to the demos of the cello completely exposed....i'm sure you'll be please.

Or wait until Gary pulls a solo cello out of his ear. He's going to do that, you know.

There is also Kirk Hunter solo string that are cheaper, and you should know that most of it is included in KHSO Emerald .

Another vote for Kirk Hunter. The solo stuff (both in Emerald and the solo strings) are really great. Nice, close, gritty samples. The slides on the solo violins and cellos are really great as are the aggressive short bows.

KHSO Emerald - cannot go wrong. The strings and cello(s) are incredible sounding and will fit your bill to a "T".

At the price it's offered, you cannot possibly find a better orchestral collection of it's quality level for less.

Mike

Smile Re: Solo Cello, Anyone?

Thanks to all for your respective recommendations. I probably would not have investigated the Kirk Hunter stuff, but will certainly give it a good listen.

harleg

I also recommend the Kirk Hunter Emerald library... The only other thing that will be better without spending a fortune is when Gary Garritan comes out with the solo cello...

apart from all that, maybe you could take a look at http://www.synful.com/

the violin is great, and i guess i can remember cello was ok as well. there's a synful demo you can download

Go Back to forum