• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: When should I

Share/Bookmark

Question When should I

Install SSV, before I install Kontakt 2 or after or doesn't it matter?
    thanks and sorry if I posted in the wron place.
    Styxx

Re: When should I

my gut instinct says install Kontakt 2 first.

Dan

page 16, Stradavari manual....
    "you must have Kontakt 2 installed."

Then you copy the Solo Stradavari folders and Impulse Response folders from the disc to your hard drive.

Regards, John

Quote Originally Posted by bigears
    page 16, Stradavari manual....
    "you must have Kontakt 2 installed."

Then you copy the Solo Stradavari folders and Impulse Response folders from the disc to your hard drive.

Regards, John
    Thanks. I hadn't opened the Strad package yet. Waiting for kontakt2 to arrive and busy learning notational software. We shall open the Strad package tonight and read the manual.
    Styxx

I have a C and D drive and wish to place the Strad folder in the D drive. Is this cool or will it cause problems like Kontakt 2 (whenever it gets here) may not see?
    Tanks.
    Styxx

Styxx,

In my experience, placing the Stradivari folder in the D drive leads to a better performance.

It would be interesting to gather further opinions on this.

Giorgio

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgio Tommasini
    Styxx,

In my experience, placing the Stradivari folder in the D drive leads to a better performance.

It would be interesting to gather further opinions on this.

Giorgio
    Giorgio. Thank you for the response and advice. I have my Gos and Diva folders in the D drive with no problems. Seeing that GSSV is new technology I wanted to make sure.
    Haven’t received my copy of Kontakt 2 yet so I am growing ever so anxious!
    Styxx

Styxx,
    Welcome to the Strad experience emporium. Ice creams in the interval....

I'm in your boat too, just got the gear a few weeks ago...

How you getting on with it?

Personally I am living in manual-land. Kontakt is a bit of a learning curve, and I got a new keyboard (UF8). Lots of bucks, but I reckon its going to be worth it.. cant wait for the morpheable triangle.

Most posts are in the other forum.

Zero
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

I'm having trouble with the kontakt 2 install. It is confusing to me with all this insert the disc and install vst and install this and that. This doesn't install everything at once? And what about the library DVD. What's on that and do I really need it to run anything else?
    Thanks for your help and clarification.
    Styxx

Hi Styxx, You dont really make clear what you want to do. Do you have Cubase? If so then simply install the VST to your Cubase VST plugins folder. The Kontakt program install was (form me) just a regular install.
    The Kotakt disk is really worth a look, there is for example, a whole VSL orchestra and a lot more besides.
    I found the whole process of getting to the Strad - buying new keyboard, learning Kontakt, learning how to operate the strad, to be a long learning curve. IMO best spend some time with Kontakt until you can at least load and unload programs. The scripting stuff is where it is at, the Strad is a scripting instrument - so look at the grey panel in K2. Some of the scripting controls are NOT required for using the Strad - so take care what you tweak.
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Go Back to forum