• Register
  • Help

Topic: Trouble saving from instrument editor

Share/Bookmark

Trouble saving from instrument editor

Hi all
    I'm running XP pro SP2 with Delta 44, 3gig RAM, AMD Athon 64 3700, GS3.14 orch, and Sonar 4 PE.

In the isntrument editor I have trouble saving. I get an error message that says, "Unable to open (file path to .gig file). The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." But I can save fine if I do a "save as..." rather than plain "save".

Any ideas?

-Chris

Re: Trouble saving from instrument editor

Update: the problem seems to be intermittent and happening less and less often, at least so far. I managed to create a whole instrument and save the whole thing, but once I tried to make another instrument and save it the problem persisted.

-Chris

Chris,
    good to see you finally got that gigga-rigga up and running!

I've had that problem, and I have also experienced it intermittently. One observation I can share is that it seems to happen when the instrument in question is loaded into gs itself. Other times, the save is successful, and the instrumetn in question auto updates in GS. Weird. My workaround is to close everything (losing whatever work has been done on the gig )and reboot. Then open the editor only and re-do everything. This can be a pain.

Hope it works out.

Belbin

Thanks for your reply, Mark

The problem seems to either happen with every save, or with no saves, never both during the same session. When giga has 'good days' I manage to get a lot of work done and I'm very happy. Giga's a great tool! (I'm currently in the process of re-programming all of the gigasymphony instruments to be more like the GPO controls)

Weird...
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    .....The problem seems to either happen with every save, or with no saves.....-Chris
    Almost like it's something dumb like windows print spooler or a stupid smart card driver....Try looking at your applications/processes in windows task manager. Close them one at a time and try again. And for god's sake, LET ME KNOW IF YOU SINGLE ONE OUT!!!

Belbin

Quote Originally Posted by belbin
    Almost like it's something dumb like windows print spooler or a stupid smart card driver....Try looking at your applications/processes in windows task manager. Close them one at a time and try again. And for god's sake, LET ME KNOW IF YOU SINGLE ONE OUT!!!

Belbin
    Allright, I'll give it a shot and see what happens. I'm pretty busy today, and Mondays are usually busy...I'll get it done eventually...

-Chris

Go Back to forum