• Register
  • Help

Topic: Key Switched Combinations

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Key Switched Combinations

I am still learning to use GPO. I would like to use the KS Combo strings sounds. I can switch the sound but cannot return it to it normal version. I can't find in the manual how to do that? Help?

David

Re: Key Switched Combinations

David,

May I extend to you a very warm welcome to the form and to the exciting world of Garritan Land?

If by normal you mean the default, the note is "C" below all the others you can use like D, E, F, G etc. I don't mean to be flip, but I cant remember the exact octave, and I figure that since you seem to know where the others are you should be able to find the "C" below them.

If you are using a sequencer, try extending these key-switching notes from the initial switch to the next one. this way when you start your sequence in mid stream, it will pick up the proper key switch.

Good luck using these cool libraries,

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Garrett
    If you are using a sequencer, try extending these key-switching notes from the initial switch to the next one. this way when you start your sequence in mid stream, it will pick up the proper key switch.

Good luck using these cool libraries,

Karl
    good advice Karl! Since Karl and I both use Digital Performer, after I enter the keyswitches in the midi track, I highlight all of them, then I use the "change duration" feature. I set this feature so that each KS "note" will ne lengthened to the beginning of the next KS note.

I am quite confident that most professional sequencers have a similar feature as DP's "Change Duration".

dpDan

Works quite nicely. I've used this trick in DP since early Giga days, always works - looks terrible in your sequencer graphic views (what the hell is that note? Oh, yeah...) and can get tricky if you forget to not transpose. I made up transpose maps for GOS and JABB - normal straight transpose, range limited, so I don't forget again...
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Go Back to forum