• Help
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: Here we go

Share/Bookmark

Here we go

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11699703/

If this crap heads one state north, you're going to see an even angrier Danimal.

I wouldn't wish it on anybody, but hypothetically, I wonder what these people that sign off on this crap would do if their wives got raped and became pregnant because of it....or if a child of theirs became pregnant because of an incestuous uncle. Unreal.

I guess South Dakota is going back to the alleys for their medical care. Scary.
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

Re: Here we go

As I've said before: we need a Blue States of America. Then these jerks can go start wars, teach their kids that the earth is 6000 years old, and do whatever other ridiculous ~~~~ they want.

By the way, I don't see how this works legally. What they've done is illegal right now - Roe vs. Wade is the law. Where is the case for the Supreme Court to hear?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    As I've said before: we need a Blue States of America...
    Ironically, The Supreme Court has decided to listen to the case involving the illegal Texas re-districting map drawn up by one Tom Delay that gave the Republicans a majority in federal representation for the first time since re-construction (I believe – a very, very long time anyway). If the case is ruled correctly, and according to the law, Texas will again become what it always has been – a Blue state – yes, a Blue State. But I’m not counting on it with this bunch.

New York, California, Michigan, Illinois, and Texas...more thatn 1/2 the population (even if you just count democratic leaning counties), and 2/3 the tax revenue.
    Boy, we'll be the ones with good schools, highways, and take care of our poor, elderly, and infirm. -Texas might start a war or two, but hey, it's Texas!

…2112
    Last edited by Brian2112; 03-06-2006 at 08:06 PM.
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Actually, the case for redistricting in Texas has already started and been in oral argument in the Supreme court. So far, the responses from the justices seems to indicate they aren't buying the argument presented by the DNC. Basically, the DNC argument is...it was ok for "them" to redistrict Texas but not Republicans..because Replublicans are inherently political. hahahaa. And further your honor...they are partisan! The justices asked..are not political parties inherently partisan? And how much is too much? And who gets to decide? Basically, it appeared for a moment that the DNC was arguing that when "they" redistrict..it's not partisan..but when republicans do it ...it is. hahahaha. I told you a while back...you have to have your stuff wired tight when you go before the Supreme court. You can't go in there with stuff that gets your base fired up, and political arguments. They are LEGAL arguments...that require evidence, etc...not campaign slogans to get your base fired up.

The crux of it rests..not on political arguments or etc..but in "how" the redistricting was done and was it unreasonable. Their argument is because it was done by Repulbicans and ended up favoring repulbicans it was partisan, and illegal. The justices have already suggested that being partisan..is not illegal. They have to show that the redistricting model showed bias against the population data. (which it doesn't). In fact, it's closer overall statisitically than the previous DNC redistricting efforts were! There are one or 2 districts..that may be a challenge to it though. They are claiming racial bias/disenfranchisement in those particular districts. However, at this point...it's highly unlikely that the court is going to find the entire redistricting plan illegal. If they do remedy those couple of districts..it would be limited to those districts.

As to the abortion cases....I'm quite sure some lower Fed court is going to strike that down as unconstitutional. Then..the state appeals..etc. The Supreme court doesn't even have to take the case..but can side with the lower courts ruling and that would be that. I suspect there is a good chance this particular case is going to happen that way. The more likely scenario for some kind of hearing on abortion in the Supreme court is going to be more along the lines of a ban on partial birth abortions...or specific kinds of procedures. Those arguments, inherently are not to overturn Roe vs Wade...but to attempt to ban or exempt certain types of abortion procedures as protected under it. Those arguments do not have to inherently challenge Roe...the right to be allowed to choose to have an abortion...but more directed to the type of procedures that should be used to carry out an abortion.

In the event that someone ever did challenge Roe and win...and it was overturned, the rights to abortion would then default back to the state level where each state would decide what limits (or not) to place on it. When such cases are overturned..they don't then, therefore, become illegal nation wide. They revert back to the states....where each one could decide where they come down on the issue. What they decide in one state, would have no bearing on what might be legal or not in your state.

Quote Originally Posted by dcornutt
    In the event that someone ever did challenge Roe and win...and it was overturned, the rights to abortion would then default back to the state level where each state would decide what limits (or not) to place on it. When such cases are overturned..they don't then, therefore, become illegal nation wide. They revert back to the states....where each one could decide where they come down on the issue. What they decide in one state, would have no bearing on what might be legal or not in your state.
    I want to be the first to propose that Nick's "Blue States Of America" actually be called the "Abortion States Of America." Ya know...just to make things more clear in the event that one day Roe v. Wade gets overturned and all...

That way...everyone will know where they can go to get one.

Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11699703/

If this crap heads one state north, you're going to see an even angrier Danimal.

I wouldn't wish it on anybody, but hypothetically, I wonder what these people that sign off on this crap would do if their wives got raped and became pregnant because of it....or if a child of theirs became pregnant because of an incestuous uncle. Unreal.

I guess South Dakota is going back to the alleys for their medical care. Scary.
    That's the kind of thing that worries you neighbor to the north.

From a Canadian friend.

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo001
    That's the kind of thing that worries you neighbor to the north.

From a Canadian friend.
    That's why I am wishing for a huge Canadian military build-up!
    The problem is I think you guys get all your stuff from us...
    Then again "the complex" doesnt care who they sell to as long as they get their $$$
    I'm still waiting on the Canadian Liberation Army to save me!

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. Ralston
    I want to be the first to propose that Nick's "Blue States Of America" actually be called the "Abortion States Of America." Ya know...just to make things more clear in the event that one day Roe v. Wade gets overturned and all...
    Brian, you live in a Blue State and I live in a Red State - Do we swap out or just meet in the middle somewhere and make a Purple State?

THE BRIAN STATE!!!!

Wow... hadn't heard this news.

Seems good to me. Very good.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast