• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: V-stack times out???

Share/Bookmark

V-stack times out???

I have a few PCs running V-stack and it times out (just quits responding to midi) after a few hours of non-use. This happens on all of them. Nothing crashes and my fix is simply to close and re-open V-stack. But it is annoying. In all cases I have my drives, etc... set to never spin down. Anybody figured this one out?

Re: V-stack times out???

I'm afraid it's just a cost of doing business. This is a well-known bug.

I'm going way back in my memory but I think someone posted a solution to it on this forum. Came across it by accident. I'd do some searching for it.

Ernie

this has been a notoriously known bug for years.
    only God and Steinberg knows why they haven't fixed it yet.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Hey there. It's true that there is no way to avoid the time-out bug, but you can get it going again without having to restart V-stack. All you have to do is hit the "Play" button on the transport control (in V-stack), and you'll have MIDI back. If the transport control is not visible, just hit F2 and it will pop up.

-Andreas Bjorck-

Quote Originally Posted by andreas
    Hey there. It's true that there is no way to avoid the time-out bug, but you can get it going again without having to restart V-stack. All you have to do is hit the "Play" button on the transport control (in V-stack), and you'll have MIDI back. If the transport control is not visible, just hit F2 and it will pop up.

-Andreas Bjorck-
    Thank you all so much. You have made my day.

No kidding! That's great to know. Thanks Andreas.

Whoa! Awesome, never heard this one before. Time do dust off the old V-Stack CD

Priceless......

Awesome Andreas!
    Thanks alot. I'll try that next time. It seems to quit after about 6 hours. I bet it originally was designed as a demo version, and Steinberg decided to kinda give up on developing it further, which would explain why it is so cheap for what it does.

Dan

Go Back to forum