• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB - All Of Me

Share/Bookmark

JABB - All Of Me

Hi everyone,

After a bit of a frustrating day, here is my mock-up of the Billy Byers arrangement of "All Of Me" from the Count Basie Library.

HERE

It is all JABB except for one jazz chorus of live trombone.

After having a quick break after "finishing" this, and then coming back to it for another listen, I can see a whole host of things that need editing - but I felt compelled to share this with my friends here to spur me on revisit it and get it sounding more like a big band should.

I know that you all know it already, but I have to say that doing these Big Band mock-ups takes a shed load of time and concentration. The rhythm section alone is a like a full mock up in itself! But I do know that when the editing is done, it will sound good.

Anyway, I hope you like where I'm going with this one.

Hopefully we'll see some more Big Band demos here soon.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Re: JABB - All Of Me

Wow... this is coming along just great, Richard.

I haven't had much time to work with JABB yet; but enough to know what kind of work this takes!

You must have busted more than a few brain cells getting some of the nuances so well... lol. Really impressive.

Great job!

All my best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Great job Richard,

Excellent mock-up and great trombone chops! When I heard this on chat today it brought a smile on my face.

I can't wait to hear it when your finsihed.

Keep up the fantastic work.

Gary

Hi Richard,

I remember hearing this in the chat room one day, but I'm glad I found it in the "archives" so I can keep it.

Great work! Your dynamics with the JABB brass and sax are truly astounding! Any listener can either tell you spent a great deal of time and concentration on this one, or thinks that this is real.

Awesome work!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Thanks for the feedback guys,

I actually posted a revised version of this here..

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=43474
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Quote Originally Posted by Richard N.
    Thanks for the feedback guys,

I actually posted a revised version of this here..

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=43474
    Oh... That's what I get for going back in time...
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum