• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: finale users, Please?

Share/Bookmark

Question finale users, Please?

I am trying my luck at finale. I was instructed to go to the Make Music web site and download updates to finale 2006. After waiting several long hours for the download to complete, upon opening and installing, I see no difference. I understand the download would thus recognize JABB yet it's no where to be found. GPO is but not JABB or anything else.
    On the plus side for me, having the tutorials are a great help. A little time consuming and sometimes common sense but still for myself, very helpful.
    Thanks for any help you can offer.
    Styxx

Re: finale users, Please?

Styxx,

Copy and paste the

GarritanJazzVST.dll

from

C:\Program Files\Garritan Jazz Big Band\VSTPlugins

into

C:\Program Files\Finale 2006\FinaleVST

This assumes you did the default installation of JABB and Finale, if you installed them into different folders, you will need to change the filepaths accordingly.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I am trying my luck at finale. I was instructed to go to the Make Music web site and download updates to finale 2006. After waiting several long hours for the download to complete, upon opening and installing, I see no difference. I understand the download would thus recognize JABB yet it's no where to be found. GPO is but not JABB or anything else.
    On the plus side for me, having the tutorials are a great help. A little time consuming and sometimes common sense but still for myself, very helpful.
    Thanks for any help you can offer.
    Hello Styxx,

I use Finale 2006c and have full GPO and JABB. I can reassure you that both are up and running with Finale.

I don't know why JABB doesn't show up in your case as I'm sure you've checked that the JABB .dll file is indeed in the Finale directory.

In my case I had installed Finale 2006 first then installed GPO. I then installed the Finale 2006c update (2006d is for the Mac). Some time later I bought JABB so this was the last thing I installed. I don't know if the order of installing made the difference; I can't see it should but we never know!

Good luck
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Make sure you're using the update Finale. I've heard of some cases where users installed the update, and they had two versions of Finale installed, 2006a and 2006c (or D). They kept launching the 2006a version by mistake, and 2006a doesn't recognize JABB.

When Finale's open, click on the ABOUT FINALE tab, it'll verify that you're running the correct version.

Also make sure you've installed the most recent jazz instrument text file:
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=41672

Jeff

I have to admit I am quite confused now. My finale is showing up as finale "b"! No, "A" no "C".
    And for the jazz update link I get a lengthy list of instruments, is that supposed to be?
    Maybe I have to start all over again?
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Richard N.
    Styxx,

Copy and paste the

GarritanJazzVST.dll

from

C:\Program Files\Garritan Jazz Big Band\VSTPlugins

into

C:\Program Files\Finale 2006\FinaleVST

This assumes you did the default installation of JABB and Finale, if you installed them into different folders, you will need to change the filepaths accordingly.
    Oh, I don't find it anywhere. I have JABB folder but where do I find GarritanJazzVST.dll and the rest?
    Styxx

OK, Richard I found everything to the letter just as you instructed and it was already in Finale VST. So, maybe I'm not doing something right in finale to begin with or maybe it has to do with whatever finale "B" is?
    Styxx

Styxx,

Does this help?

Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

I'm getting something that states I have to download Java? What's that all about?
    Also, "Files cannot be imported or exported through MusicXML because the necessary file "MusicXML.dll" could not be found in the Component Files directory. You must reinstall the misssing file from your finale CD to use this feature."
    Again,
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Richard N.
    Styxx,

Does this help?

Yes, but it shows up in a DXI folder. This can't be right.?
    Styxx

Go Back to forum