• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Eburacum" and "Passion of Winter"

Share/Bookmark

"Eburacum" and "Passion of Winter"

Hello, I've finally finished two more pieces...

One is called "Eburacum", the other is called "Passion of Winter"...

As always, I look forward to any comments, questions, or suggestions you have. I hope you enjoy my pieces!

http://www.angelfire.com/planet/musi...don/index.html

Re: "Eburacum" and "Passion of Winter"

Passion of Winter:
    Hi, You know, you're really making me miss Winter... a lot; doesn't get too cold out here in Phoenix. Grew up in Maryland though... What an excellent sound scape. The opening bells are wonderful; a little Elfman-ish. Such a noble despair; a great mix of emotions. This work is a comfortable warm coat in the dead of Winter. GREAT job. IMHO you may want to take the reverb down a bit; but I wouldn't change a thing else... Enjoyed this...

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Brandon! These are excellent!

Passion In Winter is a beautifully moving work, very well done in its straightforward writing, clarity, and emotive focus.

Eburacum is an evocative visitation of medieval York -- likewise, the comments above.

Fine work -- and I'd say you're well along the road to your ambitions to score for independent productions!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Passion of Winter:
    Hi, You know, you're really making me miss Winter... a lot; doesn't get too cold out here in Phoenix. Grew up in Maryland though... What an excellent sound scape. The opening bells are wonderful; a little Elfman-ish. Such a noble despair; a great mix of emotions. This work is a comfortable warm coat in the dead of Winter. GREAT job. IMHO you may want to take the reverb down a bit; but I wouldn't change a thing else... Enjoyed this...

Michael
    I miss winter too, since I live in Tennesseee, winter for me means rain, rain, and more rain, and maybe a light snow sometime. I know what you mean with the reverb, I took it down a little and it does sound better that way. Overall, I was really happy with the way this piece turned out.

Eburacum is an evocative visitation of medieval York -- likewise, the comments above.

Fine work -- and I'd say you're well along the road to your ambitions to score for independent productions!

David
    I enjoyed writing Eburacum... I love the history of that entire time period and wanted to write something enchanting to represent that region.

Lol, still haven't gotten very far in independent productions, still looking though... if anyone has any advice or experience on how to get involved in this sort of thing, plz let me know!

Thank you all for your comments.

Very well done!! Both of these are very beautiful pieces. I particularly loved the winter piece.

-Cata
    ♪♪♪♪ CâTå ♪♪♪♪

Excellent work!

the Passion of Winter is a terrific composition!... very clear and elegant ... full of emotion.

My only critique would be the reverb as well... seems a bit high on the Harp(?) section only, to me... or perhaps it's not reverb but an EQ issue... a touch on the low end.

still... Great work!

~jeff

Hi,

If you lived in quebec I dont think you would miss winter. When you go out a morning with a minus 25 celcius is not something very fun Anyways I liked those pieces!

Go Back to forum