• Register
  • Help

Topic: My latest song

Share/Bookmark

My latest song

It's the newbie again. OK, my first 2 songs were pretty bad but I think I'm getting the hang of it now. I've been cracking the Sonar book and studing this forum. http://www.putfile.com/commalot "Aftermath".

Tell me what you think. Dave Merrill

Re: My latest song

List your top 3 favorite movies. I have a hunch here
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

I certainly may have heard this melody somewhere but I don't know where. What movie is this from? What I want to know is if the arrangement , mix, etc. is bad, OK, good, etc.?

Dave M.

Hi Dave,

I meant nothing like that. I hear a style/influence in your work and I was wondering who you like most or what flicks.

fb

I'm sorry. I misunderstood your thought. I like Thomas Newman, Alex Wurman, Mark Isham and others. Generally I like orchestral ballads type music.

Thanks, DaveM

No problem

I hear a bit of Randy Edelman's Gettysburg or Last of the Mohicans in your work. The softer side of their scores. Your track sounds nice to me. I am not a composer of film music (professionally anyway) so I would not be the best to give advice. I like the mood very much and I get a sense of scene.

Thank you. I have really come to appreciate composers in general. I used to listen to music and say to myself "I could do that". Well maybe so, someday, but there's a lot to know especially about orchestral compositions. I'm still in the catagory of I don't even know what I don't know.
    I just listened to it myself. The .Wav file is much better than this .Mp3.
    Dave M

I just listened to you 2nd offering, and thought that your percussion was too loud relative to the other instruments at the beginning. But if this takes place within a dramatic context, then how would I know?

Nice stuff.

Regards,

Michael

Go Back to forum