• Register
  • Help

Topic: Logic hangs and won't quit.

Share/Bookmark

Logic hangs and won't quit.

ver since I loaded my computer with VI's, Logic doesn't quit. I have to force quit over half of the time. I have a Dual 2.5Ghz w/ 4 gigs of RAM running Stylus RMX, Drum Kit From H*** Superior+C&V, Atmosphere, Trilogy, Ivory, Real Guitar, Garritan Personal Orchestra and Kick *** Brass. Now I know that'a a bit, but that's why I got the G5. My settings are as I've had them for a long time without any problems. Is it just a lot for the program to handle> Or is it just so much RAM being allocated it doesn't clear it out smoothly when i quit?

thanks!

Re: Logic hangs and won't quit.

Are you saying all of these VIs are loaded in a song which causes the problem?

Also, have all of them cleared AU validation smoothly?
    Steve Hanlon, guitarist/composer
    Logic 7, PowerMac DP 2.0 (8- RAM slot model), 4GB RAM, OS 10.4.11
    UAD-1 Ultra Pak
    Lots of V.I. and sound effects
    Apogee Rosetta 200
    Great River ME-1NV
    Blue Sky Monitors

Hi Steve,

thanks for the response. Yes, all VI's have cleared AU validation smoothly. The problem happens with different VI's loaded in different combinations. It could possibly be the multi-instruments that are causing the problem, but it's hard to isolate. Everything runs fairly smoothly until I try to quit. Could it possobly be the RAM allocation? Just not sure and it's annoyinghttp://northernsounds.com/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif

Quote Originally Posted by mattdean
    Hi Steve,

thanks for the response. Yes, all VI's have cleared AU validation smoothly. The problem happens with different VI's loaded in different combinations. It could possibly be the multi-instruments that are causing the problem, but it's hard to isolate. Everything runs fairly smoothly until I try to quit. Could it possobly be the RAM allocation? Just not sure and it's annoyinghttp://northernsounds.com/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif

Hmm. I do't have the answer but:

1) Can you open a new song and quit Logic without the Hang time?

2) If you load only one of these VIs then quit Logic, does it hang?

If no hang then load a new VI and try quiting.

I can't really think of any other way to tackle this than to load one at a time and try quitting to see which one is hanging the system up.

But all in all, your machine should be quit able to handle all of these VIs at once. So it's got to be a bug with one of them.

Once you find the culprit, post it here, for others to see.
    Steve Hanlon, guitarist/composer
    Logic 7, PowerMac DP 2.0 (8- RAM slot model), 4GB RAM, OS 10.4.11
    UAD-1 Ultra Pak
    Lots of V.I. and sound effects
    Apogee Rosetta 200
    Great River ME-1NV
    Blue Sky Monitors

I will do exactly that. Makes sense. Thank you. I will let you know what happens

OK, I went through the process prescribed and the only time it crashed was when I tried to take the Kick ~~~ Brass plug out of a channel, then it occurred to me that I put the multi channel version on a channel that wasn't cabled to a multi instrument. It is possible that when I first started witht the multi channel VI's I inserted them before cabling to a multi instrument, thus creating a problem.
    Now, Kick ~~~ Brass, as nice as it is, is not as stable as it could be for sure, but it IS the first version of it. DKFH is hard on the system, but as long as you give it time to do it;s thing, it seems fine. All the rest worked smoothly.

So....seems to be good now. thanks for the help!

Go Back to forum