• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: OMG!!!! Check this out!!!!

Share/Bookmark

OMG!!!! Check this out!!!!

This might give EWQLSC a run for it's money. This is soooo cool if it works as well as advertised. I'd love to give this a try. Anyone here used it?

http://rolandus.com/products/product...71&ParentId=83

Re: OMG!!!! Check this out!!!!

Grrrr

Very cool!
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

I didnt here it sing any children's choir

This is really impressive to you guys?

It's mostly just a simple keyboard package of a vocoder with our old SRX-Vocal Expansion board pre-installed.

You can already do this very easily and with better results with full-blown pro vocal sample library like SOV, VP, Bela-D's libs, etc. Just hook up a vocoder and try it! :-)

Were you guys really impressed by the demo video?

Curious indeed....

spectrum

I would have to say the vocoder works really well, but I don't think it will ever compete with any real sampled choir on the market now as far as realism. No matter what patch he played on it, it still sounded like a vocoded pop stack. I don't want to bash it at all, but I think it would be best suited for wedding DJs.
    Liam
    "The biggest risk of all , is never taking a risk"

Purveyors of gauzy, breathy-to-the-point-of-much-too-noisy, mind-numbingly cheesy vocals (especially those who do not aspire to achieve the clean, crisp quality of the "Cher warble" used to death in dance/pop tracks everywhere), coupled with lame, prepackaged pop "arrangements" may feel satisfied with the sounds/presentation demonstrated in that video.

All others will, likely, need something more.

I loved how noticeable the guy's seriously-out-of-tune singing got, especially later in the video...

Nope.

I don't think Eric, Frank, etc., have anything to worry about.

Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by EricWatkins
    This might give EWQLSC a run for it's money. This is soooo cool if it works as well as advertised. I'd love to give this a try. Anyone here used it?

http://rolandus.com/products/product...71&ParentId=83
    Been drinking tonight?

I think it's the Keyboard version of the Vocal designer card for the V-Synth and what comes built in to the V-Synth rack. I may be wrong cause I have not played this keyboard.

I have the Vocal designer card for my V-Synth and it's a good vocoder and fun to play. But there is a big difference between that and some of the big choir sample libraries on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    This is really impressive to you guys?
    Were you guys really impressed by the demo video?
    I was not overly thrilled with the sound but I would never judge too harshly from a video file. I do find it to be a very interesting concept. Vocalise and play back with the keys in real time. I was not aware that this is an older technology. There are some very creative possibilities with this and it sure seems easier to hum to the choir then to key in syllables and etc. That's downing me and not EW. So don't go there all
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Go Back to forum