• Register
  • Help

Topic: Reverb Effect With Jabb (real time only)

Share/Bookmark

Reverb Effect With Jabb (real time only)

Hi all,

Does anybody know if Jabb has the facility to add reverb if one chooeses to play any of the samples in real time or is this a matter of a post production issue?

TIA

Alan Russell
    Please Visit My New & Revised Official Website Below

http://AlanRussell-Music.com

Re: Reverb Effect With Jabb (real time only)

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Russell
    Does anybody know if Jabb has the facility to add reverb if one chooeses to play any of the samples in real time or is this a matter of a post production issue?
    JABB instruments are dry but that doesn't mean that reverb needs to be applied in post production. Host sequencing software can be configured to do an insert or Aux send/return with a reverb plugin and this will function in real time. JABB can also be used in the latest version of GPO Studio and it gives you the option of using the Ambience reverb.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    JABB instruments are dry but that doesn't mean that reverb needs to be applied in post production. Host sequencing software can be configured to do an insert or Aux send/return with a reverb plugin and this will function in real time. JABB can also be used in the latest version of GPO Studio and it gives you the option of using the Ambience reverb.

Tom
    What Plug-in would you suggest?

Alan Russell

It can depend on many things like what platform you are on, which sequencer you are using, etc. Most sequencers come with built-in choices. Sonar, for instance, has both the Sonitus and Lexicon Pantheon choices. I tend to use the Pantheon in Sonar for realtime reverb during editing and then export the dry sounds for post production convolution at the end. There are a variety of freeware, shareware, and commercial VST reverb plugins available like Ambience, Freeverb, and products from WAVE. There are also free, shareware, and commercial products for convolution but they present a tall order for realtime performance - lots of number crunching involved. You'll probably want to stick to standard reverb for that.

You could try the latest version of GPO Studio with JABB and see how you like the Ambience reverb (which is built into its structure.) It's very good.

Tom

P.S. Reverb is very much a matter of taste.

Tom,

can JABB be used in Kontakt 2 rather than its own mini module having the effects built right in to. (Speaking of Kontakt 2) I do use Sonar Producer but there are more possibilties in the Poist Production effects. Here I'd rather go for Sampitude in a post production process.

Alan Russell

Go Back to forum