• Register
  • Help

Topic: I have a question on uploading

Share/Bookmark

I have a question on uploading

I am putting this question here, because it pertains to listening. Please excuse me, because I'm pretty ignorant, but I would like to know what you guys are doing, or what is taking place when I click on a link to listen to someone's music, and a box comes up asking me if I want to save or open it, instead of taking me to a person's page which the music might be on? This isn't a problem. I don't mind it at all. I just want to know if that means the music is somehow stored on this forum. Is there a way to upload it to the forum itself, or is something else taking place? One of the reasons it's doing it, is because I am using WinAmp, because I can't get WMP to work. That's okay. At least the above works. It's just that if I click on a link to go to someone's page that has an embedded WMP, I can't listen to their music, but that's another problem. I just wondered about the above.

Char.

Re: I have a question on uploading

Music is not stored on this server. Contributors store it on their own server / rented server space. When you click an mp3 link, and it asks you if you want to save or open, click open if you want to hear it played by your default mp3-player emediately after download. And save, if you want to hear it later, or use a non-default mp3-player.

Hi,

Okay. Think I knew this much as far as saving or just listening. I just wondered why clicking on a link some times took me to someone's page, and other times it would just open up the music.

Char.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    Music is not stored on this server. Contributors store it on their own server / rented server space. When you click an mp3 link, and it asks you if you want to save or open, click open if you want to hear it played by your default mp3-player emediately after download. And save, if you want to hear it later, or use a non-default mp3-player.

Quote Originally Posted by Mezzo
    Hi,

Okay. Think I knew this much as far as saving or just listening. I just wondered why clicking on a link some times took me to someone's page, and other times it would just open up the music.

Char.
    If you link directly to the address of the .mp3 file, it will automatically open the player.

In other cases, people will link to their own website page or a service site (SoundClick.com and others) page, where thence a link to a player or file will be found.

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Hmmmm. Interesting! Told you I was ignorant. That explains it. Wonder how you do that????? Guess I'd have to figure out where things are located. Sounds simple, right???? Ha ha!!! Back to the drawing board! Thanks! I knew somebody here would know the answer. Where would I be without you guys????!!!!

Char.

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    If you link directly to the address of the .mp3 file, it will automatically open the player.

In other cases, people will link to their own website page or a service site (SoundClick.com and others) page, where thence a link to a player or file will be found.

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum