• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: New Westgate Studios Oboe Demo Online

Share/Bookmark

New Westgate Studios Oboe Demo Online

We have updated westgatestudios.com with some more info about our upcoming modular library - Double Reeds Vol. 1

http://www.westgatestudios.com/modular.htm

Be sure and check out the new Oboe demo under the Winds section. We'll be posting more demos soon. Our latest addition is a "Product Features Tour" so you can hear almost every facet of the instrument before you buy.

We're very close to being ready to offer the Giga 3 version of the Oboe as a download for only $70(US).

If you haven't done so already, be sure and send us an email if you'd like to be notified when the library is available.
    Westgate Studios
    Sound Libraries for Gigastudio and Kontakt

Re: New Westgate Studios Oboe Demo Online

Terrific demo- that oboe has a wonderful sound. Would it be possibile to hear a version with the oboe soloed?? I think it is more than good enough to be heard naked, so to speak. Are those presampled runs or played?

Thanks. We are working on an audio demo that will feature the oboe all by itself along with a description and comparison of the major features, similar to what Project SAM has done with their libraries.

The runs you heard in the demo are pre-sampled. The library has octave runs in all the major, minor, and harmonic minor keys, as well as chromatic. Check out the product page for a full list of articulations and features.

I also forgot to mention that this demo has the oboe running through gigapulse as well.
    Westgate Studios

What's this about the new products listed. Small ensemble strings? I am interested!

Anything listed on the other tabs outside of the Winds category are libraries that are planned for the future as the Modular Series grows. I've listed them in hopes of getting feedback from people like yourself to help determine the direction of the series once the woodwinds are complete. Thanks for your input.
    Westgate Studios

I just heard the oboe demo. Sounds very good.

I have the full WG Winds and am a satisfied customer.

I really am looking forward to the small strings. Will someone finally do great, intimate, lush, thick - pop strings right like in real pop recordings? I hope so.

Another vote for small strings. A great tool to have both stand alone, for pop/rpck sweetening and as an enhancement to other libs. Samples with vibrato and no-vibrato (for Vivaldi ) please!!

Quote Originally Posted by timzydee
    Anything listed on the other tabs outside of the Winds category are libraries that are planned for the future as the Modular Series grows. I've listed them in hopes of getting feedback from people like yourself to help determine the direction of the series once the woodwinds are complete.
    There is no commercial string library that sounds like a real string section. Do that or even come close and I'll be the first in line.

Larger ensembles are easier to sound more realistic.

It's with the smaller ones where A) they don't get right B) there aren't any real good small string ensembles for pop/orchestral libraries and other variants around. There's only the VSL Chamber strings, that cheap pop string library selling for $99 that is old and has only the basics, then there's the steinberg string collections, all of which I do not like. They also all lack varying section sizes - not to mention the tone! The tone is key.

Tim, maybe you should start a new thread about this to gather information?

But I would like to see samples with 2, 3, 4 violin groups - close mic'd with various articulations!!! Not just sustains. Legato would be a huge plus. Different variants of violas, cello and double bass section sizes would be great too. But the most important thing to nail in my opinion are the violins!

I appreciate all the feedback, but anything with string ensembles will be a ways down the road. I'd definately start a new thread when the time is right. So let's not get too of track for this thread. For the moment my focus is on the woodwinds. you can feel free to email your other suggestions though. Thanks.
    Westgate Studios

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast