• Register
  • Help

Topic: Harpsichord Prelude

Share/Bookmark

Harpsichord Prelude

I got the inspiration last night for a set of short Harpsichord Preludes... something in a modern vein for an instrument that often is stuck in the past

http://evensongmusic.net/audio/HarpsichordPrelude1.mp3

These are meant to be short little 1-2 minute snippets of musical thought - in that way similar to piano preludes by various composers (but, ahem... not as um... "pretty" perhaps)

Enjoy!

Re: Harpsichord Prelude

I'm tempted to say this is astringently Romantic, with a French influence... lol... but I'm not quite sure what I mean by that, even myself, Jonathan.

Interesting, nonetheless. I think this is a potentially fruitful idea -- a set of very "modern" preludes for the oft-forgotten harpsichord.

I'll be curious to hear how this series develops, Jonathan. One short prelude out of the blue, in this very terse idiom, tends to dislodge me from my reference points -- but several or more of them that explore the vector of thought more fully would very likely make a handsome set!

All my best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thanks, David!

I may even get 24 of them done eventually, who knows!

I like writing miniatures - it's a good discipline to make yourself quit writiing once you've said all that needs to be.... often I'm tempted to go on and on LOL

I thought of several neat ideas, trying to get them down before they're gone

Cheerio,

It's very interesting to hear the harpsichord playing such music... I'm so use to hearing Bachian harpsichord compositions...

I guess you could call it an ear-opener...

Nice work! I look forward to more harpsichord preludes. If you could compose 24, that would be quite a nice set... just remember to alternate between major and minor...
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    It's very interesting to hear the harpsichord playing such music... I'm so use to hearing Bachian harpsichord compositions...

I guess you could call it an ear-opener...

Nice work! I look forward to more harpsichord preludes. If you could compose 24, that would be quite a nice set... just remember to alternate between major and minor...
    Hehe....

Just for that, I may write them ALL in the minor

Thanks for listening, Sean!

Nice work. Perhaps you can write 24 fugues to compliment the set.
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Quote Originally Posted by valhalx
    Nice work. Perhaps you can write 24 fugues to compliment the set.
    Fugues?

Yeek...

That is work!

(seriously, the thought crossed my mind!)

Go Back to forum