• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: The Composer Channel Radio Station Now Online!

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up The Composer Channel Radio Station Now Online!

We pleased to announce that our internet radio station, the Composer Channel, is back on the air (if you have wi-fi or online again).

Click here to go to the Composer Channel:

The Composer Channel
    http://thecomposerchannel.com/

As usual, the Composer Channel features music from our incredibly talented community of composers.

This radio show has made a difference and has been great exposure for members of our community. I know that people were hired in part by going to the forum and hearing works on the Composer Channel and it has brought traffic to our members websites and hopefully resulted in CD sales as well.

There are over 180 contributing composers whose music can be heard on the Composer Channel. You can go here for a list: http://thecomposerchannel.com/ComposerList.aspx

As Chris wirtes "Our contributing composers are the heart and soul of The Composer Channel. They work countless hours writing, recording, editing and producing the compositions you hear, and then offer their hard work and creativity for all to hear in the spirit of sharing. If you enjoy their music, we encourage you to support their work whenever possible. Without their generosity, The Composer Channel would have no music."

There are many shows at the Composer Channel. Programs ranging from Music for Motion Pictures, The GPO Variety Hour, Meal and a Movie, Artist and Alchemy, Every Day's A Holiday. Voice Of Music, and many more. Over 50 shows in all.

You can go here for a schedule:
    http://thecomposerchannel.com/Schedule.aspx

Chris is planning new shows in the future, such as a Big Band/Swing Hour and an Enchanted Stradivari Violin Evening and other shows.

Christopher Duncan has done such as extraordinary and professional job of setting this up and getting it going. A thank you just doesn't seem enough for all the selfless work Chris has done to get artists' work heard.

Enjoy!

Gary Garritan

Re: The Composer Channel Radio Station Now Online!

This is great! Many thanks, Mr. Garritan, and Mr. Duncan!!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Thumbs up Re: The Composer Channel Radio Station Now Online!

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay! Woopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Yay! And there was much rejoicing! And Moses led his people to the promise land where there was plenty of lays potato chips, French onion dip, meataballas (wait, that was the Italians. That's a different Moses.) and much rejoicing!
    Now back to your regular broadcast program. Little Finny runs away from home for the tenth time this season.
    Thank you so much Gary and Chris and Chris and Gary and Gary and Chris ... click ... Say hello to Gort. Our new resident Lasic eye treatment.
    Time to tune in or tune out.
    I think we should have a drama series every week like Lassie meets Trigger or Robbie the robot marries Gort sitcom or something. Hey, our resident composers could right the trailer for the series and underscores each week! Yes? No? I should shut my mouth and just forget it right! WELL NO WAY JOSE! This is it, wait ... don't go ... really listen! Why don't we have a weekly GPO Super Hero's radio show? Huh? Eh? Yes? Huh? Yes? Sounds good doesn't it? Come on, admit it Gary! I can do voice overs (or unders)
    Styxx

Bookmarked! Man, it's sooooo nice to have all my favorite composers playing during the workday. Glad to hear all of you again and thanks for being here sharing your awesome music!
    Hats off to all!
    Styxx

How do I find which composer is playing at any given moment?

Found it, never mind ...
    Styxx

Excellent!

Thank you, Chris and Gary!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Gary,

Great to be able to listen to the Composer Channel again! Thanks for getting it up and running.

Chris did an excellent job of setting it up and providing endless hours of quality GPO music.

Looking forward to more of the same.

Jorj

Can someone help me? I have all antivirus, spam, and firewall software off. I have used the windows media, realaudio, and itunes players. All say SERVER ERRORS. Please help... Thank you very much

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Never mind; I got it... Had to figure some proxy settings using RealAudio.
    I'm very happy the station is back ONLINE...
    I do have one question for Mr. Garritan: I do not see GPO Variety Hour 30 episode at first glance, and, will there be updates and can we still contribute? Thank you for your time...

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor
    I do not see GPO Variety Hour 30 episode at first glance
    Thanks for the catch on Variety Hour 30 - it was a bug in the schedule, now fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor
    will there be updates and can we still contribute?
    My role in the station has shifted to just maintaining the web site and doing the recording & mixing of the shows. Station management, including all decisions on web site changes and what content and shows are produced, is now being handled directly by Gary himself, which is great news since he's always got the ultimate inside scoop on where things are going with the libraries and other such goodies.

There will be updates to the playlist on a monthly basis. However, instead of the old system where people logged in and submitted music, descriptions, etc. through the web site, the selection of material for new monthly shows will now come from Gary. I'm not sure yet what mechanism he'll want to use for getting new songs from folks, but he'll decide what kinds of shows he wants to do and send the music and information over to us here in Atlanta. We'll then record & mix the shows and add them to the station and schedule. And believe me, we have some fun stuff planned.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Go Back to forum