Topic: Online Film Scoring Class

Share/Bookmark

Online Film Scoring Class

This looks interesting

http://www.berkleemusic.com/school/c...item_id=868454

Peace

rikp

Re: Online Film Scoring Class

Looks interesting, but I don't know a single thing about courses like that, no experience with stff like that ?

Any1 have such experience ? Is it worth to enter it ?

i would also like to know if anyone has taken this course. Is it worth the time and $$$$?

Peace

rikp

Err, I get a 404 File not Found

it worked for you guys?

Howdy,

I had a friend that took their online Mixing and Mastering with ProTools class. From the little I saw, I was impressed. I would say that 90% of the lessons were online (text combined with really good Flash illustrated examples) and 10% relied on a book.

Here's the good and bad part: the course was 10 or 12 weeks. There were alot of assignments. Even though he had DAW experience, some of the mixing tasks took him a very long time - especially because he was a bit of a perfectionist.
    Anyway... the class began with about 15 students, by week six or seven there were only like three students remaining!!! And I think it cost around 1k for the class. By week six my friend spent several after work evenings and the entire weekend working on that week's assignments. He bailed out the next week.

It seems to me that if you can completely devote yourself, it can be very beneficial. But if you can't, you might just be throwing your money away - besides, isn't there a "Instant Film Score" plug-in somewhere that costs less than this class ?

Kyle
    www.NineVoltAudio.com
    info@ninevoltaudio.com

Go Back to forum