• Register
  • Help

Topic: Well, I finally did it.

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Well, I finally did it.

Finally (or is that "Finale"? ) saved up enough to purchase kontakt 2. When this comes in do I need Kontakt 1.5 any more or can I uninstall it? I would really like to save on the HD space.
    All those months of collecting and returning soda pop bottles and cans paid off. Not to mention selling two of the kids which may be a problem if the buyers want to return them. They went with a no guarantee no return policy. Now all I have to get is SSV, or SUV, or HERS&ME, or what eva. Hey, does SSV come with a Hyfitz sound?
    I would really appreciate your comments, concerns, gripes, grapes and girlfriend ... no, don't do that me wife wouldn't like it. So, drop me a line at, "Ralph's Sport and Speed Shop" corner of Wepeedourpants and Cleanup drive.
    Eh, never mind. Just help me will ya? Ya gotta help me Sarge! It's killing me!

<Say hello to Gort, the first known "Lasic" eye treatment.
    Styxx

Re: Well, I finally did it.

Awesome Styxx! K2 is great!
    I would keep my 1.5 instalation though for compatability with your other projects. Once you have everything ported, then you can kill it. I still keep mine installed. I know it uses HD space, but it can really come in handy.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Thanks men. I know what is going to be next ... a new PC with mo-powa! Brian, to be honest with you I really don't know what you mean by "ported." About all I've used K 1.5 for is Diva and GOS lite (less filling sounds great!) I never installed any of the instruments that came with it. Maybe that was a mistake. I have two HD's and I'm wondering if I can put all the samples on the second. Yes? No?
    Or shall I just Nuke the Bastards Mandrake?

Say hello to Gort.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Thanks men. I know what is going to be next ... a new PC with mo-powa! Brian, to be honest with you I really don't know what you mean by "ported." About all I've used K 1.5 for is Diva and GOS lite (less filling sounds great!) I never installed any of the instruments that came with it. Maybe that was a mistake. I have two HD's and I'm wondering if I can put all the samples on the second. Yes? No?
    Ported...
    What I mean is leave Kontakt 1.5 installed at first. Your older projects will look for kontakt 1.5, and if it is not there, it won't load your sounds - you will have to manually reload all the sounds in Kontakt 2 and re-save.
    And yes you can have all your sounds on a second drive. In fact, it is recommended that you install your sampler on one drive (usually the main drive c: ) and your sounds on the other.

Or shall I just Nuke the Bastards Mandrake?
    Feed me Mandrake! The Red Coats are comin'!
    Bring me Brian2112!
    Gort vs Me? hmm tough call!
    Last edited by Brian2112; 03-02-2006 at 11:47 PM.
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Thanks Brian for the info.
    As for Gort ... I'm afraid he was secretly married to Robbie the Robot over night and is no longer interested. Hope you understand.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    As for Gort ... I'm afraid he was secretly married to Robbie the Robot over night and is no longer interested.
    Casts a new light on the term 'fluid transfer', doesn't it.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, lube job.
    Now don't get me started .... hahahahahahahahahaha!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum