• Register
  • Help

Topic: Slightly OT: Problem with VSL Performance Tool

Share/Bookmark

Slightly OT: Problem with VSL Performance Tool

I'm having a hard time getting the Performance Tool working. I think I have everything set up correctly, but I'm still only hearing the 'connecting' samples when I play (sounds like a normal sample but with a grace note played on the attack)

Here's how it's set up:

1. In the performance tool, Port 1 is is set to HOR-LEGTATO; MIDI INPORT=NONE MIDI OUTPORT=GIGAOUT:PORT1/CONTROL. The flute_perf_leg .pal file is open in the legato mode area.

2. In GigaStudio, in Port 1 Channel 1, the FL1_perf-leg_f is loaded.

3. I've got the legato .pal files residing in the folder C:\Program Files\VSL Performance Tool\Legato Sets.

So I think everything is correct. But I still get no Performance Tool functionality -- unless I'm missing the point. I only hear the samples with the slight grace not sound in front of them.

Another thing I don't understand: In GigaStudio, in the Virtual Piano Bar, I see two identical sets of samples located from B-1 to D3 and then identically from B3 to D7. Then there are some key switches which are located off the keyboard.

Does anyone have any ideas about this? Are the samples in the wrong folders? Are there any clear tutorials on setting up and working with Performance Tool? I've read the manual, but following it is not producing the results in my case.
    I would appreciate any help, as I'm at a loss.

Thanks,
    Mahlon Bouldin

Re: Slightly OT: Problem with VSL Performance Tool

Firstly are you using Opus or Pro Edition?
    Secondly how many computers?
    Thirdly the two sets of sample are "joined" with the Performance Tool; ignore the keyswitches.

D

Set Midi Port Configuration in The Giga app., to <none> (not the tool.)

The tool MIDI INPORT should be set to your hardware midi. Set Port 1 (upper left) of the tool to the corresponding MIDI INPORT (upper right.) MIDI outport should also be set to corresonding ports of the tool (which you have correct it appears.)

Basically you have the wrong thing set to "none" (only GS is set to none)

HTH

Daryl, sorry, I think I erased my specs when I copy/pasted part of my text. I'm using Opus 1. GigaStudio resides on it's own computer. Sonar is controlling it from a separate computer.

dpc, thanks for the clarification. So in other words. the MIDI OUT from Sonar (or keyboard) is coming to the MIDI IN of the Performance Tool, and then then the midi data is re-worked and is going to the corresponding MIDI IN channel in GigaStudio?

Thanks for the help. The light is starting to dawn.

Mahlon

Yes, Dave is correct. I was going to suggest that, but wanted to find out if you were doing it all on one computer first as that would have made a difference.

D

Go Back to forum