• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Direct Delivery System for samples: Some volunteers wanted.

Share/Bookmark

Direct Delivery System for samples: Some volunteers wanted.

Post Musical Instruments has just made it's first major step in creating a down loadable sample library delivery system.
    We're running some tests and would welcome to hear what you think.
    Since this is new software we expect some bugs. Please report them and we'll take care of them. The current product line is Giga2 and SF2 (although the Hybrid Nr 2 is available as Giga3 and Kontakt 2 file) and we will add all other titles and formats in a few days as things progress.

You can find the direct delivery system if you follow the links on my website www.postpiano.com
    There are some free instrument downloads also.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Re: Direct Delivery System for samples: Some volunteers wanted.

Bugger. I'll have to check into it when I get home. Looks like I may add some more PMI libraries to my collection as I find downloads very hard to resist.

Hi Michiel

I just ordered the Historical Keyboards and downloading it now, very smoothly too.

Just curious though, why not zipping/compressing the files to save disc space and bandwidth?

Thanks for the great offer!!

Oh yes I am a hardcore download/paypal junkie too!

Cheers,
    Frankie

PS one question, do I need the updates on release samples for this download version?
    Dell Precision T3500 (Xeon W3520, 12GB RAM) / Windows 7 x64 / Sonar 8 / VE Pro / WIVI 2.3 / Kontakt 4 / G-Player 1.2

Hi,
    The larger (piano) files are all compressed (WinRar compression to be precise) to make them easier to handle. Bandwidth and speed is not an issue on our side, (data transfer is unlimited with the price we pay and speed is extremely high) although size does matter on the user side I would think.
    Don´t forget to install a download accelerator to speed up the DL and allow resuming broken dopwnloads.

The Historic Keyboards is already an updated file.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

what's the difference between:
    - "The Anvils collection for Giga" 15 USD and
    - "Anvils GigaStudio" 10 USD

Can you let us know when the kontakt files are going to be in place. This is excellent. Thanks.

steve

Hi.. Just wantedto chime in and say HOORAY for moving to downloadable libraries. I love the concept.

While I have your attention - whats the difference between the Anvil collection mid-page and the one in the end. The more expensive one is actually the one with the lowest file size. Any info?

EMPEROR, OLD LADY and Bosendorfer Kontakt files are uploading, should be done over night.

The two Anvils collections are different collections, I adjusted the pricing, they both cost $10 now.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Post
    The Historic Keyboards is already an updated file.
    Thanks so much!

Cheers,
    Frankie
    Dell Precision T3500 (Xeon W3520, 12GB RAM) / Windows 7 x64 / Sonar 8 / VE Pro / WIVI 2.3 / Kontakt 4 / G-Player 1.2

This system seems to work fine so far, all downloads went smooth and no unexpected problems. Great!
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Go Back to forum