• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Studio B Demo Contest - And the winner is...

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up The Studio B Demo Contest - And the winner is...

Bela D Media is proud to announce the winner of the Studio B mock-up competition, Alan Smallwood.

Alan has created an exceptional users demo with 100% of Studio B.

Small Talk.mp3

Composed by Alan Smallwood
    Smallwood|Bela D Media 2006

Congratulations Alan! You will receive a free copy of Bela D Media's The Giovani Edition
    - Voices of the Young. (a $399 value!)

Jam with thisand win this Congratulations Alan!

Sincerely,

Bela D Media.com
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Thumbs up Re: The Studio B Demo Contest - And the winner is...

Congrats Alan!!

That's a great demo! Great composition and well mixed too. I can't wait to hear what you do with Gio!

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Amazing! Great composition and nicely programmed!
    I could imagine an intro of a heart warming drama
    Congrats!

Congratulations to Alan Smallwood!! Awesome compositon. It is incredibly real. Great!!!
    And Congratulations to Alan Lastufka for making such an amazing library.

Sure you will enjoy Giovani !!!!
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Re: The Studio B Demo Contest - And the winner is...

Yes, that was a great piece,... Congrats Alan! It sounded so real to me.

David

Great!!! You really rock!

Hey Guys, Thanks so much for the compliments.I just now joined this forum but admit spying on it in the past. I am sort of "forum illiterate".
    i am thrilled to have won this contest. When i set out to write a submission,
    i was rather intimidated by some of their past demos. Particularly, Theo Krueger's. OMG, that guy's icredible ! Since i use StudioB sounds on a regular basis,as rythm instruments, i'd set out to show how they work for me in a simple (rythm section oriented) compositional format. I purposely restricted my axes to only StudioB sounds & it was fun & different to concentrate only on Bass/Drums/Guitars. Since i generally like to program w/ a dense palate, i'd just kept loading multiple instances of StudioB Gtr & process it in a new way. That's the beauty of starting with it's cleaner sound.I have one fav gtr setting where i programmed the mod wheel to trigger the pitch LFO at a strong but really slow rate. i'll use it quickly at the end of a phrase & it simulates a slide off. I keep the pitch wheel at only 1 or two steps generally.
    For me,nothing beats the StudioB gtr.Also the drums & bass are very realistic & that drum bleed scenario is coolist concept.Thanks Alan Lastufka. He wrote me to tell me that he liked my drum treatment but i really did very minor tweaking for the composition. Mostly dialing up some high end & some room verb right out of the box.
    Winning the Giovanni sound set is a big wow! Much of my living has been made, composing orch type pieces & this will be a super cool replacement for my old vocal backing simulations.Those Giovanni demos are amazing & some seriously beautiful composing too.
    Thanks again guys, & i'll definately be blabbing more-o-my 2 cents to yous
    again.

Alan S

GREAT Alan

>Neil.

Excellent job, Allan! Like you, I'm a frequent lurker but a rare poster. I'm glad I lurked today to hear your piece. It's incredibly realistic and well-performed.

Hats off to you,
    Glider

Congrats Alan! I really enjoyed this piece the most from all those that we received. You really did well with utilizing all the different aspects of the library and I couldn't be happier with what you were able to sculp with it in your hands.

Thanks again and congratulations! Enjoy Giovani.

Alan
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Go Back to forum