• Register
  • Help

Topic: Apple Buying Disney?

Share/Bookmark

Apple Buying Disney?

Barron's on Saturday wrote it's possible that Apple could make a bid to buyout Disney after CEO Steve Jobs becomes the legendary entertainment firm's largest shareholder. Barron's is suggesting that Disney is ripe for the plucking for an acquisition by Apple.

"I think he has an open option," Barron's quoted analyst Christopher Whalen, a New York-based managing director of Institutional Risk Analytics. "Disney is badly undervalued right now. Jobs might get an opportunity to take it out."

Whalen argues that Jobs' unique familiarity with both the content and technolgy sides of Hollywood make the case for a bid more compelling.
    "The markets and Disney shareholders would welcome a merger led by their apparent savior, Steve Jobs," Whalen concluded.

It's a small world after all,

Re: Apple Buying Disney?

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Barron's on Saturday wrote it's possible that Apple could make a bid to buyout Disney after CEO Steve Jobs becomes the legendary entertainment firm's largest shareholder. Barron's is suggesting that Disney is ripe for the plucking for an acquisition by Apple.

"I think he has an open option," Barron's quoted analyst Christopher Whalen, a New York-based managing director of Institutional Risk Analytics. "Disney is badly undervalued right now. Jobs might get an opportunity to take it out."

Whalen argues that Jobs' unique familiarity with both the content and technolgy sides of Hollywood make the case for a bid more compelling.
    "The markets and Disney shareholders would welcome a merger led by their apparent savior, Steve Jobs," Whalen concluded.

It's a small world after all,
    Oh Crap.
    Now we can look forward to Illogic Toy Story Pro, with Nemo Reverb, and cute little pixels on the box.

No doubt the next version of 'Logic cutsie pie' will come in a pink and yellow carton, with a free barbie doll and obscure safety instructions inside, warning of the perils of unsupervised insertion for those under 65.

I'm going off now to smoke a big nasty cigar that is distinctly UNenvironmentally friendly, and pretend this descent into PC pastels, and juvenile 3D nirvana is just a bad dream.

Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermitage59
    Oh Crap.
    Now we can look forward to Illogic Toy Story Pro, with Nemo Reverb, and cute little pixels on the box.

No doubt the next version of 'Logic cutsie pie' will come in a pink and yellow carton, with a free barbie doll and obscure safety instructions inside, warning of the perils of unsupervised insertion for those under 65.

I'm going off now to smoke a big nasty cigar that is distinctly UNenvironmentally friendly, and pretend this descent into PC pastels, and juvenile 3D nirvana is just a bad dream.

Alex.

ha ha ha
    you have such an incredible way with words

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    ha ha ha
    you have such an incredible way with words

This rumor confuses me somewhat. Why would Steve Jobs sell Pixar to Disney, then buy the whole thing? Hmm.

IMHO I don't think they need Disney unless to save the name. Steve could have kept Pixar, who has the best track record of any animation company, and let Disney sink.

Then again, if rumors abound of Apple buying companies as opposed to selling out to them, I am happy.
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Who cares, as long as they're not Goofy!

Maybe this will make Disney a nicer company to work for, but I'm not that hopeful.

Go Back to forum