• Register
  • Help

Topic: Another basic question - Aftertouch

Share/Bookmark

Another basic question - Aftertouch

Presently I do not have a keybaord that responds to aftertouch. I therefore have to tweak the controller in SX3. But I cant find it.

Is aftertouch controlled by a normal controller with a number?

I know that aftertouch is often called "pressure" and there are two types
    "poly pressure" and "channel pressure" I think I recall, the first allows each note a different pressure, and the second allows only one value per channel. I have heard that most keyboards are channel pressure type - only the best being poly.

Does the Strad respond to both?

Cheers

Zero
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Re: Another basic question - Aftertouch

The strad responds to channel pressure. Aftertouch is not a normal controller.

Thanks Haydn,
    Geez I am getting a lot of help tonight! Thansk to you all.

Found the parameter in SX3 I was getting a bit rusty on my midi controller knowledge.

Channel aftertouch only then - OK

Its going to be a new keyboard next month!

Cheers
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Indeed, Ensoniq was the last company to use POLYPHONIC aftertouch in it's keyboards.

It's a shame that keyboards do not have this anymore.

Go Back to forum