Share/Bookmark
    Leo
    Leandro Gardini - classical/orchestral composer

Pacific Ocean - http://www.pacificocean.com.br

Re: Jupiter!!!

Quote Originally Posted by leogardini
    I like it very much, but I'm not a Jupiter expert, so others may see this
    different

What I'm missing a little bit is the ambient information, I can't 'see' a concert
    hall when I close my eyes, and it's more or less like a mono recording, there's
    plenty of room for instruments that you don't use.
    I'd experiment a little bit with panning and reverb.

Tom

Tom , you are right...there´s just a litle of reverb because it´s Mozart , so , the orchestra is not big and I avoided putting a lot of reverb so that I could get a more natural sound from the software...the size of the orchestra is - string 12,10,8,6,4 ; 1 flute 2 oboes , 2 trumpets , 2 horns!!!
    You may download it from Synful site and put extra reverb as you like!!!
    Leo

Quote Originally Posted by leogardini
    Hey Leo,
    It sounds great! Well, except for all the mad popping? What's that all about? Did you do some pitchbending with AutoTune?

Rick

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

It's interesting that this piece exposes some artifacts I'd not heard before in Synful. Primarily, I'm not enjoying the repeated tutti chords. They are so similar in charater of attack that they do not convince. This phenomenon is not so obvious in the impressionistic piece you posted earlier.

To my ear, this is one of the more flowing and natural (musical) of the post I've heard on the forum thus far.

The strings seem a little light on "bowing" to me, which gives it a sort of an in-the-next-room effect; and I do see where maybe more of a "round robin" repetitive phrasing would be a good refinement.

But as far as the "performance values" (sorry, couldn't think of a better term at the moment), and the good use of the available tool... and the tool... I'm impressed.

I commend the effort here. Just a bit dissapointed you didn't finish the movement - the coda is mind blowing!

This is one of my favorite symphonies and I've heard it performed live at least a half dozen times. Synful seems to have some real merit, though there were some 'popping' sounds as others have mentioned.

On my system, seemed overly panned to the right side. Hope you'll fnish it and repost.

Thanks for the comments...the poping problem comes from Synful due to the release trim...actually you have more freedom to use it when it´s solos , but when it becomes an ensemble it seems that things does not work properly...maybe it´s a bug , that actually are not bodering me much , but need to be fixed!!!
    Bruce , Synful does not have any repetition sample in its data base so far , but even in this way it sounds better than any other sample library for this music...any mockup with samples will be welcome for comparison...I´ve heard that repetitions will be implemented in the future!!!
    Leo

Quote Originally Posted by wja
    I commend the effort here. Just a bit dissapointed you didn't finish the movement - the coda is mind blowing!

This is one of my favorite symphonies and I've heard it performed live at least a half dozen times. Synful seems to have some real merit, though there were some 'popping' sounds as others have mentioned.

On my system, seemed overly panned to the right side. Hope you'll fnish it and repost.
    Actually I don´t have any plan to finish this movement now...I may consider it in the future because I think full demo mockups sounds more professional than short ones!!!
    Leo

Hi...I agree...Synful can produce the most amazing flowing lines I have heard with a sample library, especially the strings! Guess there is room for improvement with the round robin (good remark Bruce). The sound quality seems to have improved somehow from the earlier versions though. This new section builder and natural divisi is an awesome feature. Thanks for posting this Leo. It shows your great mockup skills and the great revolutionary potential of Synful.

Go Back to forum