• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Some More Music from Josh

Share/Bookmark

Some More Music from Josh

Well, here's a little piece I somehow managed to write in the midst of everything else. I wanted to use a sort of odd ensemble so I chose alto flute, oboe d'amore, bass clarinet, horn, piccolo trumpet, harp, organ (flutes), and strings (with solos)...had no idea what to call this one - so for now it's just "new work"...

New Work

Re: Some More Music from Josh

Hello Josh,
    thats a great work! You greatet a very subtle athmosphere! I hope to greate sometimes thinks like that!
    Best wishes
    Sven

Wow -- what great color work in this, Josh -- and a fantastic piece!

This very richly deserves an unreserved and enthusiastic...

BRAVO!

With admiration,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by Arpeggiator
    Hello Josh,
    thats a great work! You greatet a very subtle athmosphere! I hope to greate sometimes thinks like that!
    Best wishes
    Sven
    sven - thanks very much for lending me your ear...welcome to the forum and i hope to be hearing much of your music pretty soon!

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Wow -- what great color work in this, Josh -- and a fantastic piece!

This very richly deserves an unreserved and enthusiastic...

BRAVO!

With admiration,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    well david, i hope we didn't put too much pressure on you to be the forum comment-bot in the "praise sosnowski" thread

but i'll once again say that i appreciate how you always take time to listen and comment...yeah, this piece actually took a turn i wasn't really expecting, mainly with all the canonic/minimalist business...but i liked it and went with it...one of those funny situations where the music knows more about what it wants to do with itself than you (I) do...

thank you, sir

josh

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    well david, i hope we didn't put too much pressure on you to be the forum comment-bot...
    Nah. It's a wise maxim to "never believe your own press"... lol. Josh, I listen a great deal because I learn a great deal by doing so. I hate to appear unsaintly, but my motives are largely selfish.

but i'll once again say that i appreciate how you always take time to listen and comment...yeah, this piece actually took a turn i wasn't really expecting, mainly with all the canonic/minimalist business...but i liked it and went with it...one of those funny situations where the music knows more about what it wants to do with itself than you (I) do...
    A very, very familiar sensation -- I've said often that I felt the music was doing the writing, and I was just watching.

As with this piece of yours, Josh -- there is an organic (it's alive!) feel to it... and it's likely the result of your good sense and skill in letting the music shape itself, rather than attempting to imposed preconceived notions upon it.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thumbs up Re: Some More Music from Josh

Josh,

I like the texture and the deliberate choices of notes very much. This is splendid.

Sincerely,
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan
    http://jun.music.coocan.jp/
    MIDI AND SAMPLING TECHNOLOGY HAS OPENED AN ENTIRE NEW WORLD OF MUSIC!

Jun - thanks for listening...and i appreciate your comments

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Nah. It's a wise maxim to "never believe your own press"... lol. Josh, I listen a great deal because I learn a great deal by doing so. I hate to appear unsaintly, but my motives are largely selfish.
    well, at least you're not a large shell fish

This is too complicated for me to figure out just listening to it. Would love to see a score of it.

Nice work.
    Don
    www.doncleary.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast