Hi there.

I am experiencing the following problem: the kontakt player GPO uses seems to grab MIDI controller data occassionally from other virtual ports' midi channels.

Let me give you an example.

Instrument 1 and Instrument 2 are both Audio Objects with one GPO instance each, both of which have one simple patch loaded.

I create one track, containing one MIDI region, containing a few notes and some mod wheel changing controller data.
The channel is "instrument 1". The MIDI channels is 1.

Now I create another track, containing another MIDI region, containing a few notes and some mod wheel changing controller data.
The channel is "instrument 2". The MIDI channel is 1 as well.

Now, after looping this - say 4 bar sequence - for a minute or so, the track automation goes wild and both MIDI channels - although they are connected to different virtual ports (different Audio Objects) - interfere with each other. Interesting to note is, that there is everything fine in the first few loop rotations.

Now, I do not want to have tips how to work around this through some weird Logic Environment cabling scheme . I want to now how to fix this very problem. Does anyone know whether this has been fixed in an update?

One workaround is to use different MIDI channels for each track. But this is not how Logic was designed - at least to my knowledge. Some of us need controller data on more than 16 MIDI channels . That is why there are - normally - 16 MIDI channels per Audio Object. Try some of the Apple-supplied Logic instrument plugins. None of them use MIDI controller data from OTHER Audio Objects I think...

Maybe someone has an idea on this. :-)

Thank you very much in advance