• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mac User With Another Dumb PC Question..

Share/Bookmark

Mac User With Another Dumb PC Question..

OK, I use the Wavecenter card on a P4 that runs Giga. I leave Giga via lightpipe to a Mac.

Today, I got the new Vienna Instruments, and am attempting to run it in standalone mode temporarily (until I get V Stack).

But in the SETTINGS you can only tell it where your midi in is coming from (WAVECENTER PCI) and what bit rate you want.

In GIGA you could tell it to enable what outputs, etc, but not here. I believe this is not a VI thing, but an ASIO driver thing, because I think I remember seeing this problem with another program once.

Any ideas on what is going on?

Thanks
    Tom H
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." --Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949

Re: Mac User With Another Dumb PC Question..

Hi Tom,

I'm a mac user with an outboard PC (running Kontakt2) I don't think that ASIO will let you share the driver between Giga and VI for audio out. I also tried running V-Stack, but had some problems getting it configured, and this is when I found that I could only enable the ASIO outs for one or the other application.

Not at all like Core Audio.

Others will know for sure and should correct me pronto if I have this wrong!

DS
    Damon Sink
    G5 Dual 2 GHz, P4 3.8GHz, Logic Pro 7, Digital Performer, EWQLSO Platinum Pro XP, VSL, Kontakt2, Finale

Re: Mac User With Another Dumb PC Question..

I probably wasn't being clear, I wasn't trying to use both at once, just VSL in standalone mode. I found out VSL purposely kept their standalone version ultra simple, so there is no OUTPUT control (to select various outputs, etc).

So I'm using Forte, and everything is fine now.

VSL has announced an RTAS version coming soon, so I'll be all in Pro Tools soon and won't have these dumb PC questions anymore

Thanks!
    Tom
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." --Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949

Go Back to forum