• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Dear "TBO" fellowship...

Share/Bookmark

Dear "TBO" fellowship...

While waiting next K2 update, here is a "limited" version of my nki patch for TBO K2 version.

Link for nki here.

Compared to http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=42582 , only pedal down resonance and noises features are missing.

In short, I share it mainly for "release resonance by IR" and "Full Piano Release mode" features. Let me know your feedback for these two features.

Xavier B.

Re: Dear "TBO" fellowship...

Thank's for sharing this,

"Full release mode" and half pedal script is working perfectly and would please not only TBO users, thanks to tweakable parameters...

The only thing you could improve is to add adjustable half pedal zone to fit every controller (1-64 is big zone for HP)

For those who like using Pedal Down samples, this script is also working loaded in both PU and PD racks, for a "theoriticaly-not-so-accurate" but enjoyable behavior.

Hi Xavier and thank you for sharing this patch. I could not check it out yet, but what is the main different with the Kornel's script?

Thank you in advance.

Thanks xavier. Unfortunately I too had trouble playing the file but from what little I heard it was beautiful. As an EXS user, I admit to feeling left out sometimes. I need a hug.
    JP

Very, very nice job Xavier! Thanks for sharing this with us.
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Thank you so much for sharing, Xavier. Now I just need to receive the TheBeautyfulOne I ordered last Sunday (hint, hint, Per)

Quote Originally Posted by Sr_Velasco
    Hi Xavier and thank you for sharing this patch. I could not check it out yet, but what is the main different with the Kornel's script?

Thank you in advance.
    Nothing, because it's not aimed to reproduce the full sympathetic resonance behaviour, but only to reproduce the piano's resonance and the true full piano repedalling.

Actually one of Kornel script "side" feature is "Full Piano Release mode" (called "release mode"). But Xavier's script behave better for this particular feature (despite a probably a less CPU efficient algorithm). Kornel script's fade out notes in "release mode" are less natural (linear decay).

The fact is, both script are compatible and could be used jointly (do not activate Kornel "release" button of course). Kornel script still manage a "half pedal down resonance" even without the release mode engaged !

I do this for some not-to-big-pianos that works best with only PU samples + kornel full approach for PD resonance (like The Emperor). Both script can run together without pb.

Could somebody explain me what is exactly "half pedal". If I want to use Kornel's and Xavier's scripts together, which should I place first? Appart from disabling the release butom from the Kornel's script, should I enable/disable anything else?

Half pedal is the half damping zone of sustain pedal.
    To experience that you first need to have a progressive sustain controller (not only a switch).

About using both scripts, I would say it's useless if release mode of Kornel script already please you, the difference is quite subtle. But if you do that, you must load first Kornel script (release mode off) and then Xavier release mode script.

Go Back to forum