• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB/GPO stand alone mode question

Share/Bookmark

JABB/GPO stand alone mode question

Just started using JABB and really loving the trumpets and flugels...really nothing like it...using on seperate computer to keep cpu to a min....problem is no save on the multis for JABB.
    Am I correct in this...If I have GPO and JABB...I can load and save both as multis in GPO?
    Also wondering if the new GPO player that integrates both JABB and GPO will simply act as my saver without having to load GPO?
    Thanks and keep up the great work guys...fantastic
    vibes

Re: JABB/GPO stand alone mode question

Quote Originally Posted by vibes
    . . . using on seperate computer to keep cpu to a min....problem is no save on the multis for JABB.
    Am I correct in this...If I have GPO and JABB...I can load and save both as multis in GPO?
    Also wondering if the new GPO player that integrates both JABB and GPO will simply act as my saver without having to load GPO?
    By "new player" do you mean the new GPO Studio? The two products (GPO and JABB) use separate players but both can be opened in GPO Studio now. I'll defer to Jeff or David on the details of what can be accomplished in saving combinations. I'd check it myself but I don't presently have Studio installed.

One suggestion that may be useful (if you are on the PC): Take a look at FX Teleport. You can run GPO and JABB remotely and all load configurations on your second computer will be saved with your sequencer's song files on your main computer. This really requires a Gigabit network but it can work very well and simplify this sort of thing. If you are on the Mac then others may have some suggestions.

Tom

Re: JABB/GPO stand alone mode question

Thanks for the FX teleport suggestion...but not really interested in getting on with that as I have 4 computers running ...main is a G4 running logic with a rack of nice midi modules going through spdif patch bays as well as a ton of logic,EWQL silver and now JABB...run JAbb also on a midi locked pc as well as reason (in sound module mode) on another pc so it's pretty involved and I've got latency to a minimum.
    Save would make my life simpler although at the moment using JABB trumpets and Flugels as the main useage.

Hoping to get involved with the GPOA once it's available as I'd rather load up the stronger library to have some nice icing to what I've already mixed and matched...
    Thanks again for the thoughts
    regards
    vibes

Go Back to forum