• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Hey DPDAN, what reverb do you use?

Share/Bookmark

Hey DPDAN, what reverb do you use?

I was wondering what reverb you use, DPDAN? You said Altiverb but which impulse (I was referring to the Dvorak piece)?
    Garam Heo, Contemporary Christian Artist
    Music produced by Christopher and Craig Reeves
    http://www.garamheo.com
    http://www.youtube.com/GaramHeoMusic
    SUBSCRIBE TODAY AND JOIN OUR MAILING LIST FOR A FREE MUSIC DOWNLOAD!

Re: Hey DPDAN, what reverb do you use?

Hi Craig,
    Hope you are doing well you and your brother looked like you had a good time withgary in Texas!

For the Dvorak piece, I used the Konzerthaus Vienna large hall. I use the stereo to stereo 10m for the strings, stereo to stereo 16.9 for the woods, and stereo to stereo 24.6m for the brass and timpani.

I almost always find that I need to tweak a particular IR's reverb time and even EQ, usually cutting low mids to keep string basses from getting all mushed together, but this piece I used the Konzerthaus pretty much out of the box.

Thanks for asking. What DAW do you use?

Dan

If I remember rightly, AltiVerb is only available for Mac OS X at the moment. Dan, is there a comparable product available for Windows folk that you know of?

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    If I remember rightly, AltiVerb is only available for Mac OS X at the moment. Dan, is there a comparable product available for Windows folk that you know of?

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    To be totally honest, no.
    You are right David, it is Mac only. There are Impulse Response reverbs "out there", but the only one that I have experience with on the PC is GigaPulse by Tascam's Gigastudio. G-Pulse is also available as a separate reverb processor plugin without having to buy Gigastudio, but it is nothing compared to the incredible quality of impulse responses and quality of sampling done by Altiverb, as well as it's customers who also create their own IR's. I really do wish Altiverb was available for PC. Not for me, but for those who do want the Altiverb sound. Please watch this video from the Audio Ease website if you haven't already.

Altiverb 5 demo

It is a Quicktime video, but you must see it and listen to what the man says about how Altiverb is so different than other IR processors.

Dan

Thanks, Dan.

I have my own research project underway that will ultimately solve the problem for me.

It's going to take an awful lot of cardboard cartons to build a duplicate of The New Scottish Concert Hall -- but fortunately, I have plenty of space out back...

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

You crack me up David!!!!

I was going to do Winchester Cathedral, but I don't really like the late reflections that much.

Aside from which, I'm afraid of heights.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    I was going to do Winchester Cathedral, but I don't really like the late reflections that much.

Aside from which, I'm afraid of heights.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    I always thought Winchester Cathedral would bring you down if you are afraid of heights
    dp

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN

Altiverb 5 demo

It is a Quicktime video, but you must see it and listen to what the man says about how Altiverb is so different than other IR processors.
    Argh... I wish my convolution reverb was as cool I hate just having to deal with numbers and dials when adjusting it in SONAR's built in convo rvb...

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Katze
    Argh... I wish my convolution reverb was as cool I hate just having to deal with numbers and dials when adjusting it in SONAR's built in convo rvb...
    Altiverb's graphic user interface (GUI) is very cool, here is a screenshot of the reverb I used for the horns in a recent project.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast