• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt 2 convolution reverb and GPO

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt 2 convolution reverb and GPO

Hi Everyone,

I have Kontakt 2, and I am wondering if there is someway, when using Overture 4 or a sequencer, I can mix one of the convolution reverbs from Kontakt 2 into my playback of the GPO sounds.
    I know that I can import the GPO samples into kontakt 2, but as I have seen from remarks on Kontakt 2, that the GPO dand I'm also a little bit timid about trying something like that, I am wondering if there is some other way of doing this.

Anybody have any ideas?

thanks for any help I can get with this.

best regards,

Steve Martin.

Smile Re: Kontakt 2 convolution reverb and GPO

Quote Originally Posted by steve martin
    Hi Everyone,

I have Kontakt 2, and I am wondering if there is someway, when using Overture 4 or a sequencer, I can mix one of the convolution reverbs from Kontakt 2 into my playback of the GPO sounds.
    I know that I can import the GPO samples into kontakt 2, but as I have seen from remarks on Kontakt 2, that the GPO dand I'm also a little bit timid about trying something like that, I am wondering if there is some other way of doing this.

Anybody have any ideas?

thanks for any help I can get with this.

best regards,

Steve Martin.
    Not so quick, but if you select your instruments from the folder and create the GPO setup inside Kontakt2 rack, you may use in the "outputs" channel insert the convolution reverb you want, as you would do in the sequencer insert of main channel...it works!

Re: Kontakt 2 convolution reverb and GPO

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio
    Not so quick, but if you select your instruments from the folder and create the GPO setup inside Kontakt2 rack, you may use in the "outputs" channel insert the convolution reverb you want, as you would do in the sequencer insert of main channel...it works!
    Hi Fabio, thanks for that answer. But I'm not sure what you mean here.
    When you say "but if you select your instruments from the folder and create the GPO setup inside Kontakt2 rack" well, I don't understand how, once I have put my instruments into the score - {I'm also talking about Overture 4 here by the way}, how do you then set them up in the Kontakt 2 rack? What I guess you are meaning is, well, lets say I have, in Overture 4, gone to the vst instrument rack, loaded the GPO instruments I want into the tracks, I then have to open Kontakt 2 - but where do I go from there to get the GPO instruments into the Kontakt 2 rack? Thats what I'm not sure how to do.

thanks Fabio, if you could possibly explain this to me when you get the chance.

kind regards,

Steve.

Smile Re: Kontakt 2 convolution reverb and GPO

Quote Originally Posted by steve martin
    Hi Fabio, thanks for that answer. But I'm not sure what you mean here.
    When you say "but if you select your instruments from the folder and create the GPO setup inside Kontakt2 rack" well, I don't understand how, once I have put my instruments into the score - {I'm also talking about Overture 4 here by the way}, how do you then set them up in the Kontakt 2 rack? What I guess you are meaning is, well, lets say I have, in Overture 4, gone to the vst instrument rack, loaded the GPO instruments I want into the tracks, I then have to open Kontakt 2 - but where do I go from there to get the GPO instruments into the Kontakt 2 rack? Thats what I'm not sure how to do.

thanks Fabio, if you could possibly explain this to me when you get the chance.

kind regards,

Steve.
    Using the browser (left half of GUI, first button), go to the sub-directory (folder) "instruments" of your GPO library folder (on your HD), then select the instrument you want in the list. If you are asked to look for samples by the K2 dialog box, don't worry, just click on search, and follow instructions, I can't tell you the whole procedure but it's intuitive (refer anyway to K2 manual for help). Once it has been loaded, it works as in the GPO player. But being in the Kontakt 2 application, you may use the convolution reverb of the application, instead of loading one in Ove4 effect rack. (my suggestion is to use the "insert" of main outputs of K2, again just refer to manual if you have some doubt on how to do it).

I think that J.Burrel may help you if you post in the Ove4 forum. He is very kind and...talk natural English!

Re: Kontakt 2 convolution reverb and GPO

Fabio,

Thank you!
    I'll give it a go and let you know how it works out.

thanks again for the help!

best regards,

Steve.

Go Back to forum