• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New Power User Profile section!

Share/Bookmark

New Power User Profile section!

Welcome to the new Power User Profile section!

Over the last few years many users have enjoyed job opportunities that have come their way through the use of Northern Sound Source. Because of connections made through this forum users have found employment in a number of music related areas such as composition, publishing, editing, design and education. Employers have ranged from film, tv, radio, corporations, government agencies and educational institutions.

There has been a significant rise in employers scouting talented people and asking us for information or a directory of users for potential employment. We have now created an easy way for employers and users alike to exchange and display their information. We call this the Power User Profile.

In addition to their regular NSS profile, Power Users will receive many added features for a nominal fee. With the Power User Profile, users will have additional space to expand on their bio; this can include credits, experience, pictures etc. The Power User Profile also includes an added 20 megs of space to upload excerpts of user compositions for public or private listening. This feature will enable potential employers to hear some of the user’s work, and also give the Power User an opportunity to share their music with peers. Playback is achieved via an integrated streaming flash player. Power Users will also be able to allocate a certain amount of the allotted space for attachments to be used within regular posting on the NSS forum. Power Users will be able to connect with potential employers and other users much easier as the Power User Profile includes 5 different types of instant messaging. There is also an option to talk live over ip phone connect using Skype software. A “my homepage” link is also included to refer to any off site page. All these features are smoothly integrated within the Power User Profile page.

The Power User’s private section is only viewable by potential employers and the users themselves. Potential employers have the ability to search for users by country, state, province, city and much more, all within our alphabetical ordered member list. In addition to the previously mentioned methods of connecting, employers will also have the option of connecting with Power Profile Users through NSS’s private messaging system and e-mail.

Users can subscribe to this feature on a monthly or yearly basis.

To subscribe for a Power User Profile account Click Here

Re: New Power User Profile section!

Don't forget to check the example.
    Enjoy

There have been many benefits of participating in the Northern Sounds forum and the Power User Profile is a natural extension.

I know people in the industry who come to Northern Sounds looking for talent. I've heard many success stories of people getting gigs over the years. Ken-P, Francesco, FrankS, DPDan and others are but a few.

Not just for music, but there's great programming talent here too. I have hired members from this forum (like Tom, Jeff and now Markleford).

Kudos to PapaChalk and DeSound for thinking ahead again and providing this valuable service. Those admins are always looking out for us.

Gary Garritan
    Last edited by Garritan; 03-13-2006 at 09:00 PM.

Well, I signed up.

I just have to get my info in order and set it up.

I have always wondered if people who were in a position to hire composers and such came to these forums and looked into us. Now I know.

Thanks for this service!!

Gratefully,

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

How excellent!

This is so nice for everyone!

Thank you Papa, Desound, Gary and all those who continue to make this forum such a wonderful place. Imagine what NS would look like if we could see it!

another grateful member!
    dpDan

Thank you, Northern Sounds!

They've really done a fine job on this.

Can't wait to get set up on this myself!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Post Scriptum:
    Gosh, Dan, could you direct me to the swimming pool?
    And what do they charge for towels at NS?

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Gosh, Dan, could you direct me to the swimming pool?
    And what do they charge for towels at NS?

I'n not sure, but I do intend to keep the extra shampoo and the fancy robe!

[/QUOTE]

Looks as if you’d be getting OODLES of work done.

There has been a significant rise in employers scouting talented people and asking us for information or a directory of users for potential employment.
    Heh, heh, ... Cool.

Ooohh this is so great and exciting Thanks for making this opportunity possible for us You guys really are the greatest!!!

Steph

Go Back to forum