• Register
  • Help

Topic: J&BB integration into Overture 4

Share/Bookmark

J&BB integration into Overture 4

Just FYI (for our Overture users here, I hope Gary doesn't mind):

We have incorporated automatic playback routines inside Overture 4 for Garritan Jazz & Big Band.

For example:

Doits send the proper release effect programming to play doits.
    Fall offs, the same thing.
    Growls send the proper controller to turn this function on.
    Etc.

Note: Since the growls and shakes use the same articulation symbol, we chose to include playback for growls for that articulation. The user can easily change the symbol to send CC# 64 data to enact the shake playback.

And...

All keyswitches are mapped so you can apply expressions to the score and easily assign them to the proper keyswitch for mutes.

All controllers are mapped so you can add air flow or finger noises to your tracks in the Graphic Window or Edit Midi Data mode.

Legato is mapped according to what set of instruments you are using, whether is CC#64 for the standard set or CC#68 for the notation set.

Now if Tom will just tell me how to auto load the NI player, we'd really be in business.

Enjoy!

Re: J&BB integration into Overture 4

Great news Joseph! I just bought JABB yesterday and was wondering whether I could use it with Overture 4. Superb!!!!

Yep, just download and install Patch 7 and away you go.

Now I just have to beat a Stradavari out of Gary and we'll have the complete set for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Just FYI (for our Overture users here, I hope Gary doesn't mind):

We have incorporated automatic playback routines inside Overture 4 for Garritan Jazz & Big Band.

For example:

Doits send the proper release effect programming to play doits.
    Fall offs, the same thing.
    Growls send the proper controller to turn this function on.
    Etc.

Note: Since the growls and shakes use the same articulation symbol, we chose to include playback for growls for that articulation. The user can easily change the symbol to send CC# 64 data to enact the shake playback.

And...

All keyswitches are mapped so you can apply expressions to the score and easily assign them to the proper keyswitch for mutes.

All controllers are mapped so you can add air flow or finger noises to your tracks in the Graphic Window or Edit Midi Data mode.

Legato is mapped according to what set of instruments you are using, whether is CC#64 for the standard set or CC#68 for the notation set.

Now if Tom will just tell me how to auto load the NI player, we'd really be in business.

Enjoy!
    This looks great Joseph!

Seems like there is so much the jazz musician will be able to do in notation for the first time.

This will be a real benefit to those Jazzy Overture cats .

Thanks for letting us know.

Gary

PS. Did someone say Strad?

Go Back to forum