• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Standardizing Key Switching

Share/Bookmark

Standardizing Key Switching

Wouldn't it be great if all the library developers could get together and create a standard for the mapping of articulation key switching?

As, to the best of my knowledge, hell has not frozen over, I guess this task will be up to the user.

On that point, I would like to know your thoughts and experiences concerning this type of customization.

Thanks

Re: Standardizing Key Switching

This could be a good idea, but the problem is that there are so many different articulations depending on the instrument, that I think this would be impossible.
    Keyswitching is the best invention after midi !!!
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

I think that as various products (and samplers) have so many different ways of working, we would all have to use the same sampler, same articulations, and have the same degree of keyboard skills.

What would be nice though, would be to be able to re-program keyswitching "en masse", so that it didn't take hours to alter every instrument to our own taste.

D

Quote Originally Posted by robertb
    Wouldn't it be great if all the library developers could get together and create a standard for the mapping of articulation key switching?
    They will for sure, directly after they got together to create the standard
    for protection dongles.

Tom

...sarcasm? /me?...

LOL (too short, damn it.....!)

D

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    What would be nice though, would be to be able to re-program keyswitching "en masse", so that it didn't take hours to alter every instrument to our own taste.
    D
    It'd be great if they would all go the way of a free softsynth I've tested
    some months ago:

Ctrl + right click on any button, move the button on your controler you
    want to assign it to, et voila.

Extremely intuitive.

In GS3 you can build stacks and assign easily keyswitches any way you want. I like this approach as it allows the user to build a template that suits them best.

Best regards,

AJ
    Al J.
    Sonic Implants
    http://www.sonicimplants.com

It's a challange for sequener developers to do a better handling of keyswitches.
    Something like a special enviroment to change customized articulations.

Every instrument has different articulatians, even all my instruments can not have the same keyswitch layout.

It would be great, if all sample developers would program
    controller 0 (program change)in addition to the keyswitches.
    That would give more possibilities to create new keyswitch handlings in a sequenzer

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass
    http://www.chrishein.net

Wasn't this the idea behind the FX-MAX program AMP, which has never been released?

Quote Originally Posted by robertb

As, to the best of my knowledge, hell has not frozen over, I guess this task will be up to the user.

On that point, I would like to know your thoughts and experiences concerning this type of customization.

Thanks
    I don't know. VSL can't even get it to be consistent within it's own library. How can we ever expect there to be consistency across developers. I was just arguing this issue with Herb on the VSL forum.

Of course, it isn't really that hard, so I think it's a great idea. Who's going to do it.

Go Back to forum