• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Topic: Quantum Leap RA

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Quantum Leap RA

    I am looking into purchasing Ra, it sounds pretty amazing. Does anyone here own it? Do you have any feedback? Are there any other Ethnic Sample libraries I should be looking into as well? Thanks-

  2. #2

    Re: Quantum Leap RA

    What ever you do wait next year, they'll sell it for $50 .

  3. #3

    Re: Quantum Leap RA

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsy McStaggers
    I am looking into purchasing Ra, it sounds pretty amazing. Does anyone here own it? Do you have any feedback? Are there any other Ethnic Sample libraries I should be looking into as well? Thanks-
    Yes, I quite like it, and for me it is the most comprehensive collection of instruments on the market. However, you should also look into some of the older Spectrasonics CDs like Heart of Asia, as there is some good stuff on these as well. There are also many phrases that can be used as they are, or just used to help with examples of what the style of playing actually is for the particular instrument.

    D

  4. #4

    Re: Quantum Leap RA

    I think when Daryl says comprehensive he means that the instruments which it contains; about 70, is sampled comprehensively. The amount of instruments is not that comprehensive, as something like Ethnoworld 3 actually has 170 instruments. If you like the instruments in RA then you'd be pleased, cause they are very well sampled and contains loads of articulations.

    If you want quality RA wins, if you can settle for less quality (ie. less realistic) Ethnoworld 3 wins as it's got loads more instruments. I believe (haven't tried it) that Ethnoworld 3 has the largest amount of phrases if you're looking for that.

    And there's a new one out called "Origins" from Ilio btw.

  5. #5

    Re: Quantum Leap RA

    Quote Originally Posted by Mosquito
    I think when Daryl says comprehensive he means that the instruments which it contains; about 70, is sampled comprehensively. The amount of instruments is not that comprehensive, as something like Ethnoworld 3 actually has 170 instruments. If you like the instruments in RA then you'd be pleased, cause they are very well sampled and contains loads of articulations.

    If you want quality RA wins, if you can settle for less quality (ie. less realistic) Ethnoworld 3 wins as it's got loads more instruments. I believe (haven't tried it) that Ethnoworld 3 has the largest amount of phrases if you're looking for that.

    And there's a new one out called "Origins" from Ilio btw.
    Yes, I should have been clear about that. Thanks.........

    D

  6. #6

    Re: Quantum Leap RA

    Quote Originally Posted by Mosquito
    And there's a new one out called "Origins" from Ilio btw.
    Hi, any comment on this one ?

    Btw. does it require gigastudio or can it be converted to any other format ?

    thanks
    marc

  7. #7

    Re: Quantum Leap RA

    Quote Originally Posted by mbncp
    Hi, any comment on this one ?

    Btw. does it require gigastudio or can it be converted to any other format ?

    thanks
    marc
    Well, I don't personally have it so.....

    But there's been a discussion about it recently
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...hlight=origins

  8. #8

    Re: Quantum Leap RA

    You may consider Ethno World 3 from Marcel Barsotti. It's one of my favourites.
    http://www.bestservice.de/detail.asp...5a81p164p131p2

    Best of luck,

    Mark

  9. #9

    Re: Quantum Leap RA

    Also, MOTU's new Ethno Instrument is supposed to be released shortly. A lot less money than RA, and it looks quite interesting, though I doubt the instruments are as thoroughly sampled as RA's.
    It really depends on what you're needs are.

    matto

  10. #10

    Re: Quantum Leap RA

    I wasn't as thrilled with RA as a lot of people were, but it is still very well done. And a lot of people love it. Mostly I was disappointed with how few instruments there were. There are a lot, mind you, but for $1,000 . . . I also have some minor quibbles with RA, but they mostly have to do with RA not catering to my laziness as much as I'd like.

    I like EthnoWorld 3 (that's the compilation set - don't get 1 or 2). I finally installed it last week. It's cheaper and has more instruments, but it doesn't have the depth of RA. Tough call which to get if you need one now.

    I have Origins. It's both Giga and EXS24 formats. I like the drums, but the rest doesn't impress me that much. Keep in mind that Origins is ancient, rather than world instruments.

    - Mike Greene

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •