• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: My own creations

Share/Bookmark

My own creations

I am fairly new to music composition and prefer the orchestral portion of this world. I have been doing composition for the past 2-3 years and have finally started into orchestral composition. I have two songs I would like to share with you and I wold like to know what you think of them.

My first composition with GPO is called Likos: The Hunt. Relatively basic but good to start out in Garritan with. And yes, I do realize that there seems to be a little bit too much reverb, but forgive me, I was just starting.
    http://media.putfile.com/Likos-The-Hunt

The latest one that I have released is just simply called TWTChristmas and TWT is the initials for the small software development company I am starting. Just a small cheerful tune.
    http://media.putfile.com/TWTChristmas1

Re: My own creations

Forgive you, CJ?

For such a fine initial showing?

Never, I say, never!

LOL... welcome aboard, CJ, with some great stuff.

You're right -- just like practically every soul in the forum on their first roll-out -- you've got a bit of a brick foot with the reverb on The Hunt... but the material's solid, and that's an easy fix.

TWTChristmas -- make sure you bring this 'round for the next Garritan Christmas album... nice work on this, especially like the fine brass work (and I'm a sucker for bells).

Again, a warm welcome -- and come on back with more, soon!

Good work.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

As you can probably tell from my music, I am one who uses very few dynamics. All I need now is just Garritan Jazz and Big Band and I can finally start composing for my schools concert band, seeing as we have the 3 most common saxes.

I tend to do horns because my band lacks the french horn and I am amazed by the sound. I also play the Bari Sax and in my school's band configuration, that places me next to trumpets, trombones, baritone, and tuba (it's a rather small band of only about 40 students, half of which don't play anyways).

TWTChristmas had a different sound than my other songs usually do because I usually leave flutes out in my other compositions (http://cjpro.wordpress.com/2005/11/2...c-composition/ These are from a while ago and some don't use Garritan...).

I like very much. The percussion in the first piece reminds me a little of something from Arvo Part's Miserere.

And the second piece has a nice "sports" feel to it. Really liked the melody. I hear it as a potential Olympic or Democratic/Repulbican convention lead in. Maybe someone important is out here listening!

Come back soon.

Don

Hi CJ

The links seem to go to the company website, but there is no reference to the song files, or maybe I'm overlooking something. Looking forward to hear this .
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

The links should be pointing to either the files on putfile or the links on my blog. The company website shouldn't be appearing, or they aren't at least for me. Well, the company website is in my homepage but I don't think that would affect these links that much. Note, my company site is not music related (except for the Generations project)

CJ, LouisD -- just checked those links and they seem to be working right.

LouisD, what browser do you use?

David.

I'm afraid that clicking on the links redirects to the Putfile's home page. I tried both IE and Opera browsers. Not to worry, thing like this happen to me.....
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Both Opera and Firefox take me to the correct pages. Then again, I'm on Ubuntu right now but that shouldn't make a difference. I'll try IE when I go back to Windows to use Sibelius and Garritan to work on Generations.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisD
    I'm afraid that clicking on the links redirects to the Putfile's home page. I tried both IE and Opera browsers. Not to worry, thing like this happen to me.....
    Wow... no clue, and I'm fairly well versed in this.

LouisD, try right-clicking over the link, then "Copy Shortcut", then paste it into the address box in IE.

David.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast