• Register
  • Help

Topic: Vibrato Problem

Share/Bookmark

Vibrato Problem

I'm having trouble finding how to incorporate the vibrato controller parameter (cc17) in JABB along with other special controllers (shakes, etc.). I'm using Sonar Producer, and have drawn in controller values in the piano scroll view as indicated in the manual, but with no result. I've been stubbornly holding onto my prehistoric Yamaha DX7 as my controller (purely for sentimental reasons!... it's probably older than most of you reading this post!), which I suspect MAY be part of the problem, but I'm not sure. Any ideas??

Re: Vibrato Problem

Quote Originally Posted by DanDW
    I'm having trouble finding how to incorporate the vibrato controller parameter (cc17) in JABB along with other special controllers (shakes, etc.). I'm using Sonar Producer, and have drawn in controller values in the piano scroll view as indicated in the manual, but with no result. I've been stubbornly holding onto my prehistoric Yamaha DX7 as my controller (purely for sentimental reasons!... it's probably older than most of you reading this post!), which I suspect MAY be part of the problem, but I'm not sure. Any ideas??
    If you add only cc17 you won't hear any vibrato. That's because cc17 controls the vibrato *speed.* Aftertouch controls vibrato intensity. If you bring up the aftertouch you will hear the vibrato at the speed you've set with cc17. Shakes are explained in the tutorial here:

http://www.garritan.com/JABB/ShakesT...esTutorial.pdf

I suggest you use Sonar's piano roll view to enter and edit most expressive controllers (see their manual or Help files.) You can draw them in much more accurately than you can play them in anyway. So, your choice of keyboard is less relevant.

Tom

Say what you will about the DX7 – it's built like a battle tank. Yes, I'm also using my old DX7 E! as one of my controllers, and the keyboard action is just as crisp as it was when I got it some 20 years + ago.

//Joey

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    If you add only cc17 you won't hear any vibrato. That's because cc17 controls the vibrato *speed.* Aftertouch controls vibrato intensity. If you bring up the aftertouch you will hear the vibrato at the speed you've set with cc17. Shakes are explained in the tutorial here:

http://www.garritan.com/JABB/ShakesT...esTutorial.pdf

I suggest you use Sonar's piano roll view to enter and edit most expressive controllers (see their manual or Help files.) You can draw them in much more accurately than you can play them in anyway. So, your choice of keyboard is less relevant.

Tom
    Thanks, Tom. That did the trick; everything's working as it should.

Go Back to forum