• Register
  • Help

Topic: Origins

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Origins

This is a great soundset.There are some sounds that I have no idea why they are on such a marvelous DVD, but they are buried by the sheer amount of truly excellant samples of unique and great sounding instruments. 1 out of 10.............10!!!!

Re: Origins

Quote Originally Posted by james vogts
    This is a great soundset.There are some sounds that I have no idea why they are on such a marvelous DVD, but they are buried by the sheer amount of truly excellant samples of unique and great sounding instruments. 1 out of 10.............10!!!!
    Hi James. Could you tell finally something clear about this lib?

1 Does it have many or few articulations?
    2 Same with phrases

thanks!
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

That's interesting. I bought it a month ago and was less than thrilled. I like the drums, but the other stuff didn't impress me much. I was especially disappointed that the recording quality itself didn't seem to have a lot of punch to it. But who knows . . . I'll have to give it another listen.

- Mike Greene

Red face Re: Origins

I was interested in the winds and strings of the multisampled nature, for I play the phrases myself, however, some have given me insight of the nature of the instrument. The quality of the recordings I thought was par for the course. I do run them through a DSP enviroment though which may or may not make a difference. I then apply resonant body impulses to acoustic samples, then send to Scope for mixing, and to hardware FX for final stages.
    One must remember that these are all antique acoustic instruments of the rare nature. It seems to me that they were recorded with excellant results. These types of instruments augment my other sounds, i.e. I layer a custom made Flamenco with the Kora sample, and VS in some mutes and harminics from the 120 ( sfz ) velocity on up. I seem to have achieved the signature sound I was after. Because of the quality of synthesizer algorithns in the DSP enviroment, all my samples must be of high quality or they will not cut it in the mix.I still encourage anyone who is striving for a truly unique sound, and aren't on a constrained budget, to look into this library, and his prior Akai library of World Winds. Sonic Reality has some good Akai discs also of that nature like World Traveler, American Heartland,etc. but they lack the variety in VS due to memory issues w/ Akai samplers. But Origins doesn't suffer from that scenario.

James Vogts

I was very interested in this set, until I heard only bad feedback about this library from people I respect, especially by people of formidable backgrounds. I think this library seems overpriced as well. I will skip on this one for now.

Question Re: Origins

My Origins disk has just arrived, unfortunately I have a problem with installing it for GS3.

I have rebuilt the QuickSound database, alas it only shows a meaningless directory structure with folders:
    ORIGINS_
    ORIGINS3
    ORIGINS4
    ORIGINS5
    ORIGINS6

and inside similarly named gig files.
    only after unfolding a .gig can I see something meaningful like "OR Kora f", but it is impossible to find sounds that way. How am I supposed to remember what's inside eg. ORIGIN9.GIG?

Anyone's having this problem?

Go Back to forum