• Register
  • Help

Topic: Autosampling the JV 1080?

Share/Bookmark

Autosampling the JV 1080?

Has anyone used Redmatica's <a href="">Autosampler</a> to convert the JV 1080 ROM sounds into EXS instruments? If so, how were the results?

(I've got a 1080 and an inkling to preserve some of its synthy patches, and am intrigued by the Autosampler idea. But I'd like some indication of how well it works before slapping down some money for it.)

Re: Autosampling the JV 1080?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeShapiro
    Has anyone used Redmatica's <a href="">Autosampler</a> to convert the JV 1080 ROM sounds into EXS instruments? If so, how were the results?

(I've got a 1080 and an inkling to preserve some of its synthy patches, and am intrigued by the Autosampler idea. But I'd like some indication of how well it works before slapping down some money for it.)
    I used it on my Kurzweil PC88 and Korg X5d and it did them really well.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Am I to understand that auto sampler works as a standalone and I don't need Logic or exs sampler? I'm currently using Dp 4.x/Kontakt2? g-5 dual and would love to archive my old synths into samples. Any negatives? Also, would I need the automapping software as well? thanks!

There’s also SamplIt from www.cdxtract.com . The full version (which can output to 7 different sampler formats) is $239 but the single format versions (one of which is EXS24) are $99. It has an intriguing feature I haven’t seen in AutoSampler in that it can do auto-looping of the recorded samples (don’t know how well this works as I haven’t tried it).

/Yoss

And for PC users SampleRobot http://www.samplerobot.com.

/Mattias

Quote Originally Posted by artsoundz
    Am I to understand that auto sampler works as a standalone and I don't need Logic or exs sampler? I'm currently using Dp 4.x/Kontakt2? g-5 dual and would love to archive my old synths into samples. Any negatives? Also, would I need the automapping software as well? thanks!
    No. While it ia a stand alone app Autosampler converts the sounds to EXS24 and is indeed for the EXS24 as all Redmatica products are.

www.jayasher.com

Thanks Asher- I assume then that I can then transfer to Kontakt 2. Any thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by artsoundz
    Thanks Asher- I assume then that I can then transfer to Kontakt 2. Any thoughts on this?
    Although I do not use Kontakt 2 I don't see why not as it creates .wav files.

www.jayasher.com

Go Back to forum