• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: NS Member works on Harry Potter publications

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up NS Member works on Harry Potter publications

You never know who is here at Northern Sounds.

Not to long ago I was contacted by a music production company in London, England, the folks who produce the Warner Brother's. orchestral backing tracks for' "Harry Potter", "Star Wars" and "Lord of the Rings" publications.

This company was looking for new arranger/orchestrator who was an expert in using sampled orchestral sounds to create convincing recordings for a publication series.One of the executives of this company has been at Northern Sounds and was impressed with the professionalism at the forums and asked if I could knew some possible candidates for the position. I thought about the great talent on this community and several people were recommended. The company was very impressed with Francesco's demos and mock-ups and hired him.

Francesco is now doing the music for an official WB-Harry Potter publication. The original Harry Potter soundtrack music is being realized for the music in the book series. A CD of Francesco's orchestral mock-ups will accompany the book. This publication will allow musicians and students to see the notated instrument parts and practice and learn music using the themes from the Harry Potter.

Almost all GPO was used in the accompanying CD (and some Project SAM sounds that will be in GPO Advanced)

What a talented community we have. There have been other instances where Northern Sounds members were sought and hired. This is what makes our community special - musicians helping other musicians in many aspects. Maybe it would be nice to have a features section here to feature the outstanding talent on this forum.

This is a great credit for Francesco and well deserved!

Congratulations Francesco!

Gary Garritan

Re: NS Member works on Harry Potter publications

Congratulations to you and Francesco.
    And I have to agree with you, a nice bunch of people here with lots of
    experience.
    So far the best music forum I've seen.

Thanks to all of you

Tom

Thumbs up Re: NS Member works on Harry Potter publications

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    You never know who is here at Northern Sounds.

Not to long ago I was contacted by a music production company in London, England, the folks who produce the Warner Brother's. orchestral backing tracks for' "Harry Potter", "Star Wars" and "Lord of the Rings" publications.

This company was looking for new arranger/orchestrator who was an expert in using sampled orchestral sounds to create convincing recordings for a publication series.One of the executives of this company has been at Northern Sounds and was impressed with the professionalism at the forums and asked if I could knew some possible candidates for the position. I thought about the great talent on this community and several propel were recommended. The company was very impressed with Francesco's demos and mock-ups and hired him.

Francesco is now doing the music for an official WB-Harry Potter publication. The original Harry Potter soundtrack music is being realized for the music in the book series. A CD of Francesco's orchestral mock-ups will accompany the book. This publication will allow musicians and students to see the notated instrument parts and practice and learn music using the themes from the Harry Potter.

Almost all GPO was used in the accompanying CD (and some Project SAM sounds that will be in GPO Advanced)

What a talented community we have. There have been other instances where Northern Sounds members were sought and hired. This is what makes Northern Sounds special - musicians helping other musicians in many aspects. Maybe it would be nice to have a features section here to feature the outstanding talent on this forum.

This is a great credit for Francesco and well deserved!

Congratulations Francesco!

Gary Garritan

Wow
    Congrats Francesco!

This truly is great community everyday I'm humbled by the talent and companies which grace this forum with their presence.

This company was looking for new arranger/orchestrator who was an expert in using sampled orchestral sounds to create convincing recordings for a publication series.One of the executives of this company has been at Northern Sounds and was impressed with the professionalism at the forums and asked if I could knew some possible candidates for the position.
    This falls in line with what we've experienced also. Quite a few employers have contacted us about users at the northernsounds forums.

Great things are ahead!

Many congratulations Franscesco!
    And i wish you even more success in the future.

Regards,

Alex.

p.s. Maybe this highlights the worth of having a 'producers and directors' section in the forum, where members can showcase their wares?

Wow!

Many, many, many of the heartiest congratulations, Francesco!

Wonderful to hear!

All my best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

This is such brilliant and uplifting news. It makes, even, us amateurs feel we have a slight chance.....OK, we can dream can't we???

There are so many talented folk around here who just need a break...I won't mention any names but they know who they are.

I just wish I had more (even some!) time to get stuck in........

Who would have thought that an opportunity like this would have fallen Francesco's way by stumbling into the GPO world of Orchestral sampling......a marvellous little story of a prince of talent meeting the fairy of good (GPO)fortune........

Here's wishing Francesco continued success.

Frank

hey that's tight work....good going Gary.
    -david abraham
    Facebook

Congrats Francesco,

You da best!

Thumbs up Re: NS Member works on Harry Potter publications

come si dice? fantastico! splendido! scherzi a parte ... meraviglioso!
    Sorry, my Italian I'm still learning slowly. This is a good time for a pizza party ... yes? Si!

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    come si dice? fantastico! splendido! scherzi a parte ... meraviglioso! Sorry, my Italian I'm still learning slowly. This is a good time for a pizza party ... yes? Si!
    CONGRATULAZIONI FRANCESCO!!
    Someone has said, being a musician MUST be an italian thing!!

Ehy Styxx, your italian sounds AWESOME!!!
    Roberto

Go Back to forum