• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Sibelius Edition with Windows 2000?

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation GPO Sibelius Edition with Windows 2000?

Will GPO Sibelius Edition work with Windows 2000?

I think we've finally isolated the problem to Kontact Gold.

We keep getting the popup dialog "could not find sample" trying to link back to the GPO_Library_part2.nks. That's when we actually get the popup, other times, the sounds *just won't load.* FWIW the the GPO pointer orchestral files are all there, the 3 .nks are all there.

We're also seeing 100% CPU spikes on exit from Sibelius & the program instance won't exit, we have to kill it manually from Windows Task Mangler.

FWIW, ASIO4ALL works well, and the going's been good (when things actually go) on this machine w/ 640 MB RAM & a 1.8 GHz Athlon.

Re: GPO Sibelius Edition with Windows 2000?

Quote Originally Posted by karoshimon
    Will GPO Sibelius Edition work with Windows 2000?

We keep getting the popup dialog "could not find sample" trying to link back to the GPO_Library_part2.nks. That's when we actually get the popup, other times, the sounds *just won't load.* FWIW the the GPO pointer orchestral files are all there, the 3 .nks are all there.

Will GPO Sibelius Edition work with Windows 2000? We're also seeing 100% CPU spikes on exit from Sibelius & the program instance won't exit, we have to kill it manually from Windows Task Mangler.
    Part of the problem is the popup dialog is hanging or pops up behind the main Sibelius window, so the Sibelius instance doesn't fully unload b/c of back-queued popup dialogs.

Please let us know if GPO Sibelius Ed. is supposed to work with Win2K Pro SP 4. We'll upgrade to XP if we have to.

/lee

You should probably ask this question on the Sibelius forum - they could tell you whether or not you system is up to the task of running this with 2000.

R. Pearl

I've used the new edition since it came out, with no problems that seemed related to the OS. I run Win2000 Pro, I think it's SP4. I don't have Kontakt Gold.

All in all Sib4/GPO Edition is quite an improvement over S3/GPO.

When I first got S3/GPO nearly a year ago, I installed asio4all. With the help of GPO forum readers (thanks esp. to Bill Pearson) I found that it caused huge problems in CPU usage, so I got rid of it. I don't need it anyway since latency is not an issue, I use no external hardware.

Go Back to forum