• Register
  • Help

Topic: New system Gigastudio won't install - Please Help

Share/Bookmark

New system Gigastudio won't install - Please Help

Howdy Folks,

I recently upgraded my system, and GIgastudio won't install completely.

Has anyone had this problem?

My new system:

Asus A8N5x MB
    AMD 64x2 3800
    2 Maxtor ide Maxtor drives (100 & 120 gigs)
    a gig of ram
    Diamond Radeon x300SE video card

Aardvark 24/96 soundcard
    midiman 2x2 USB midi sport
    using Giga Studio 160

the error mesage I'm getting is at the end of the install:

"unable to install one or more components."

and then it list two or three nemesys files and all of the .dll fx files.

I've tried a few times and still the same thing.

Any Advice?

thanks

asa

Re: New system Gigastudio won't install - Please Help

Two things come to mind:

1) Maybe your installation software is corrupted.

2) Maybe you need to uninstall some previous GS files.

Best of luck,

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by asabot
    Howdy Folks,
    I recently upgraded my system, and GIgastudio won't install completely.
    Has anyone had this problem? ...

the error mesage I'm getting is at the end of the install: "unable to install one or more components." and then it list two or three nemesys files and all of the .dll fx files. I've tried a few times and still the same thing.

asa
    I just upgraded from 98SE to XP on the machine that has been running Gigastudio. I tried to re-install but ran into the exact same problem that you described with the same message. When I attempt to run Gigastudio, I get a message: "procedure entry point ThunkConnect32 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

Did you discover what was wrong and what was necessary to fix it?

Clueless

Since I posted this topic I discoverd 2 things.

1. Jon Fairhurst was absolutely right. As soon as I got rid of my previous performance files everything installed correctly.

2. Even after install, giga 2.54 wasn't going to work because of the dual core CPU that I upgraded to. oops.

So I just got GS3 Ens. in the mail and I am about to install it.

Just a coment: over the years I've owned a handful of software products.
    Logic, Cubase, VST's, Plug-ins, notation programs, Sound Forge, etc., you name it.

And when a box would come in the mail I couldn't wait to instal it and start to play.

I got GS3 in the middle of the week last week, and I am only now getting to instaling it because I anticipate the madness that it will bring. (even my girlfriend asked me to wait until she wasn't around because she new what it does to me.)

I just wonder why I keep throwing money at a program that I am actualy afraid of.

hm, food for thought.

asa

p.s. and I'm sure I will upgrade to GVI when it's released. sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by asabot
    2. Even after install, giga 2.54 wasn't going to work because of the dual core CPU that I upgraded to. oops.

So I just got GS3 Ens. in the mail and I am about to install it.
    GS3, apparently, won't work on a dual core system (it certainly didn't on mine), unless you've installed the latest patch, v3.12, which you can get here:Mind you this is a bit odd, since the GigaPulse_Version 3.12_Change_History seems to suggest that v3.04 was already dual-core-capable... That did not comport with my personal experience. TASCAM tech support said that I needed v3.12... Granted, they've been wrong before, but who knows... Regardless, I'd say that you should patch your way up to v3.12...

Good luck,

Alan

I had problems in the beginning installing GS as I was a Mac person who knew nothing about PC ....That being said, I had a LOT of challenges along the way while also learning Windows XP .... Look at it as a challenge....For every problem there is a solution ..I have pulled my hair out more than once trying to get things to work ...PC's are open ended , and there are so many things that can screw with you with almost whatever you do .... There are plenty of other programs out there that will give you just as much grief as GS ...
    From my standpoint , I will fight just about ANY program , so I have to use the program , and see if it's worth fighting for .....If it is , I ask, and I learn , and I tweak , until I get things up and running .....I put a lot of hours in getting my GS system working well, and now that it does , I'm happy with it and it's more efficient than a lot of other programs out there .....The newest revision 3.12 of GS works well on my machine ...Try it out , and see if it helps you .....Don't give up !!....It will work out for you .....Sincerely, Jim

Hey thanks for the positivity.

I think that my coments were more "oh well here I go again."
    "grab your snorkles were going down."

I've learned over the years to have alot more patients.

And I keep going back to GS because I love the libraries.

My other set back is that I've never dedicated a machine to GS.

I use one PC for everthing I do (internet, itunes/ipod, blah blah blah)
    so a little bit shame on me.

I'm a didgital music hobiest and I've always thought the dedicated machine for me would be overkill. (perhaps I should reconsider and save myself some grief)

I did have one set up that worked for years, and I only upgraded because my motherboard started to fail.

which brings up a question I have:

In that system, the one thing that seemed to keep GS from crashing was installing it and cubase on there own seperate partition on the master HD.

Has anyone else tried this?

I've always wondered if that was just some fluke, because I've heard people say that doing it that way shouldn't make any difference. But man I tell you the years that I had it configured that way actualy kept me off this forum and on GS, it was a joy. Not only that, but I'd have GS, Cubase, Internet, and some other app open, and I'd just switch between them like turning pages in a magazine. I never feared a GS crash.

And so here I am with my new machine wondering - to partition or not?

was it a bogus sense of security that I was givng myself?

was there something else going on that was making it run so smoothly?

Just looking for other peoples experience on this one.

Go Back to forum