• Register
  • Help

Topic: First Fruits new reverb mix

Share/Bookmark

First Fruits new reverb mix

Last week I posted my first GPO attempts and asked for comments. Here is a resultying remix with different reverb and compressor settings. Please tell me what you think. Too much reverb? Mix/balance ok? All comments appreciated.

Thanks,
    Don

www.greenbackdollar.com/tights.mp3
    www.greenbackdollar.com/battle.mp3
    www.greenbackdollar.com/flirtatious.mp3

Re: First Fruits new reverb mix

I'm by far not the best ear in the forum, Don, but these sound pretty darned good to me, overall.

On battle, I think I might look at balance amongst the instruments more.

On flirtatious -- that seems right on the money.

I might have second thoughts about using compression on material like this, Don. It goes to what your ear tells you and what you're aiming for, naturally, but you may just be happier without it.

David.
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    I might have second thoughts about using compression on material like this, Don. It goes to what your ear tells you and what you're aiming for, naturally, but you may just be happier without it.

David.
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    David,
    Thanks. Given your talent, experience, and education, I value your opinion very much.

The reason for compression was to match the sound of Altiverb from my wimpy little D-verb. I noticed that adding compression to the D-verb gave me a sound close to that of the Altiverb.

Don

I'm fairly new to this myself but I can tell you the instruments were distinct and nicely placed. To me there was a perfect amount of ambience/reverb. Musically I especially liked Flirtacious and would like to hear more of it.

Dave

Go Back to forum