• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: GPO Studio-Can 2 .dll coexist?

Share/Bookmark

Question GPO Studio-Can 2 .dll coexist?

I am learning to use GPO with Finale 2005b.

In GPO Studio, can I set up, for example, Player 1 with "midi cc" mode and Player 2 with "normal" mode in "sustain/sustenuto pedal mode" in option panels?

In other words, can I hold two different .dlls in GPO Studio to deal with, say, flute and piano from Finale at the same time?

Your kind advices will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan
    http://jun.music.coocan.jp/
    MIDI AND SAMPLING TECHNOLOGY HAS OPENED AN ENTIRE NEW WORLD OF MUSIC!

Re: GPO Studio-Can 2 .dll coexist?

Jun,

Download and install the latest GPO update, making sure you check "install notation folder".

Then use the instruments from the notation folder which use different CC's for sustain and legato - refer to the pdf update notes.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Quote Originally Posted by Richard N.
    Jun,

Download and install the latest GPO update, making sure you check "install notation folder".

Then use the instruments from the notation folder which use different CC's for sustain and legato - refer to the pdf update notes.
    Thank you very much, Richard. This helps a lot.

Sincerely,
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan

Question Re: GPO Studio-Can 2 .dll coexist?

I have downloaded and installed KONTAKT PLAYER FINALE GPO Windows Edition 1.1.8.4 and Garritan Studio 2.0 but I have not been asked to check "notation folder".

And I tried once again 1.1.8.003 and now I have been asked "notationset for use in Finale 2006" so I checked it and installed.

Still I cannot set different modes to different Players of Garritan Studio 2.0.

Am I doing things correctly? I think I need Finale 2006 instead of 2005.

Sincerely,
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan

"9. Notation" is for use with Finale06. I don't think it works with Finale05 because it uses CC#68 for legato and Finale05 does not (I think).

I'm afraid I assumed that Jun was not using HP, but expressions for midi control.

Jun - if I am correct, then you are not looking for mixed sustain settings, you need to just use the correct midi CC# in your expressions.

If I was wrong, then Nickie is most probably correct.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Smile Re: GPO Studio-Can 2 .dll coexist?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    "9. Notation" is for use with Finale06. I don't think it works with Finale05 because it uses CC#68 for legato and Finale05 does not (I think).
    Thank you, Nickie and Richard. What I was looking for was a way to use cc64 as normal sustain for piano and legato control for flute simultaneously. Usually, it can be done by using two different .dll's as VST plug in. I was wondering if the same can be done in Garritan Studio.

As Nickie pointed out, conclusion is, I understand, that I need Finale 2006 for such operation. I appreciate your help anyway.

Sincerely,
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan

Well, you should listen to Richard, he's a knowledgeable man. And he's right, if you don't use HP you can use "9. Notation" with F05. I just assumed you do use HP; silly me But, even with HP active, you can select "sustain / sostenuto pedal mode" = "pedal + MIDI sw" in the players options. Won't that work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    Well, you should listen to Richard, he's a knowledgeable man. And he's right, if you don't use HP you can use "9. Notation" with F05. I just assumed you do use HP; silly me But, even with HP active, you can select "sustain / sostenuto pedal mode" = "pedal + MIDI sw" in the players options. Won't that work for you?
    I am sorry. I was not careful enough in reading Richard's comment. I had to ask first what HP stands for.

In the manual, as for "sustain/sostenuto pedal mode", there are only reference to two modes, i.e. "no sustain/sostenuto operation but midi controller" for strings, windwoods, etc. and "normal sustain/sostenuto operation" for piano, etc. I do not really understand the other two choices, i.e. "normal sustain/sostenuto operation plus midi switch" and "no sustain/sostenuto operation but midi switch".

Do you mean if I choose "normal sustain/sostenuto operation plus midi switch", I can play for example flute in legato/non-legato by cc#64 and piano in sustain/no-sustain by cc#64 simultaneously? I understood it cannot be done without using two different .dlls.

Thank you for your kindness and patience for a slow understanding student.

Sincerely,
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan

Jun,

If you use the notation folder instruments, use CC#68 instead of CC#64 (sustain pedal) for legato. That means you can set the sustain pedal operation to "normal" in the Kontakt Player and get proper piano pedaling and proper legato in winds and strings.

Hope this helps.
    Richard N.

Go Back to forum