• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can atmosphere or Logic 7 do 70's synth rythm pads

Share/Bookmark

Can atmosphere or Logic 7 do 70's synth rythm pads

Hello everyone,

I'm kind of in a bind here for "authentic sounding 70's synths" and was looking for some expert opinions. Unfortunately I did not live through the 70s, and therefore do not have the best ears to judge authenticity in sound. However, the project I am looking for is calling for an "authentic 70's sound" and thus I'm trying to match some of the great sounds from the era, but am having a hard time finding a fit.

Are there any preset sounds in Atmosphere and/or Logic 7 that may fit the bill? How about general "brands" or "titles" that are used that signify synths from this era? Right now I'm just throwing darts in the dark, and would love to have some light, even if its just a flashlight!

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give this "young whippersnapper."

Re: Can atmosphere or Logic 7 do 70's synth rythm pads

I was a session musician through most of the 70's. What exactly do you mean though - authentic sounds? Most of the sounds then were early analogue synths like the Moog - Electric pianos like the Fender Rhodes - or Hammond Organs. Guitars and drums have always mostly been the same.

Atmosphere has tons of that sort of stuff in the synth sections, especially if you play with it - set up CCs for filter control and envelope adjustments and have a ball.
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

the Analogue Sequencer Loops VI from Zero-G might be in line with what you're looking for. There are demos on the web page & I think the price was reduced recently.

HTH

Nigel

PS it took me years to remember it, but rhythm is spelt with 2 "h"s ;-)

Go Back to forum