• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Who uses Overture 4?

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Who uses Overture 4?

I'm getting quite discombobulated with seemingly simple tasks. With no manual, I can't get legato to work, slurs, correct note timing, and even the drop down menus are starting to give me problems such as I click on them and they just pop open for a split second then close stay depressed and the buttons turn blue. To top it off I've lost the VSTs in the drop down menu. What I had written so far using the mouse comes out sounding less than any midi I've ever accomplished using an external sequence and GM sound module as far as timing and sounding musical.
    If you have any help you can share I would appreciate it greatly! Thanks.

Re: Who uses Overture 4?

I use Overture 4 and I love it!

For the drop down menus, keep the mouse button down as you select what you want from it. You can also make the drop down menus into toolbars by keeping the mouse button held down and dragging the pointer to elsewhere on the screen.

For legato and slurs, I just select the notes I want to slur then hit Ctrl+L as a shortcut.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

The timing issues are incompatibilities with your soundcard and the Microsoft Wavetable GM Synth. If you are going to use the GM Wavetable synth provided by Microsoft with your particular soundcard you need to turn off the audio engine. You can do this via the preferences. This is a known incompatibility issue with some soundcards and the GM Wavetable synth and is in no way specific to Overture.

Note, you aren't meant to use VST's and the Microsoft GM Wavetable Synth at the same time. If you need a GM module to work with, I can recommend you some places to go for a GM capable VST and some free soundfonts.

Sean, his slur problem is probably because of the current output device chosen for the track. If GPO isn't selected as the output device for a track, Overture doesn't know how to pre-program the slurs for playback.

For legato and slurs, I just select the notes I want to slur then hit Ctrl+L as a shortcut.
    Hm, not working for me. Let me get this straight. If I click on the note(s) I want legato they will turn a red color, right? Then, ctrl+L. I see a line going from the note to the next but upon playback it still sounds staccato.

Never mind Sean. That's it ... I'm done.

Calm down bud.

Can you tell me what the current version you are running is? I assume you are having this legato issue with GPO?

Hold down the shift key while clicking on Help then About.

If its older than Patch 6, you need to update.

Sorry... don't listen to me... Joseph is da man!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

If its older than Patch 6, you need to update
    It's "Patch 4".

Wow, yeah, definitely time to grab the latest update.

http://www.geniesoft.com/patches/ove...e4_changes.htm

Thumbs up Re: Who uses Overture 4?

OK, so what do I do, open it or save it and to where?
    Thanks.
    I sure hope you are being well taken care of for your expertise with this! Man, never in my life have I ever met a person so willing to bend and help people especially and ace like me! Don better be noting your abilities!

Edit - I decided to save to my desktop. Any further instructions?

Go Back to forum